Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
i thought the evo 9 turbos were either 70, 71 or 80 series and those numbers were on the turbo. plus the evo 9 i thought was a 16g not a 10.5g.
i maybe wrong but is this not the same as the evo 8 turbo?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
That's what i was about to ask. Looking for a 71 series, can anyone confirm which turbo this is?

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
i thought the evo 9 turbos were either 70, 71 or 80 series and those numbers were on the turbo. plus the evo 9 i thought was a 16g not a 10.5g.
i maybe wrong but is this not the same as the evo 8 turbo?
That was for the 9, the 9MR reduced the size of the comp wheel.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way this is the one which has had no problems with boosting over stock, confirmed with NigelS a while ago to be sure :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Which one is this mate? 70, 71, 80 series. Can't seem to find a definitive answer

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
whats the peak power/boost these will run??

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was fitted to my GTA which had been ecutek'd, 3" exhaust, Air filter and it put out:

262 At the wheels !!!

Bare in mind the autobox has about a 33% power loss I would say it was 380-400 ish at the engine.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I gathered that, yet I was led to believe that any IX variant came with either a series 70, 71 or 80 series turbo. Hence the question, which model is it from?

I should have asked "which evo model does it come from?", if it's not IX turbo. As stated above

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Do you have a passenger side rear door available? Just need the door, no glass/door card etc.

(sorry if its in your shop, cant see it as ebay is banned at work)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I gathered that, yet I was led to believe that any IX variant came with either a series 70, 71 or 80 series turbo. Hence the question, which model is it from?

I should have asked "which evo model does it come from?", if it's not IX turbo. As stated above
Ah got ya, I will try to find the car that it came off, the seller was a member on here who bought the car from Nigels, it was a white Evo 9 MR RS for definate though. The seller came from Hamilton in scotland ..... I will find him and direct you to the post :smthumbup

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you have a passenger side rear door available? Just need the door, no glass/door card etc.

(sorry if its in your shop, cant see it as ebay is banned at work)
Yes, the door is for sale at the moment, comes complete with the glass anyway :smthumbup

1 - 20 of 38 Posts