Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
starting with the engine then goin to fully restore the car full repaint etc.

First job i did was remove the wires that arnt needed fuel relays etc and moved the fuse box to behind the dash

Got some Wiesco 85.5 stroker pistons ans Manley 'I' beams also got the turbo from Titan motorsports when i went over there in july PTE 6265 billet

AMS vsr with Q45 throttle

Exedy Twin

600x300x76 intercooler and mocked up the intercooler/intake pipes etc

bad pic i know but i designed and had my own brake stopper/engine damper made using an evo 8 ingals damper

i removed all the not needed brackets and prepped for paint

Thats pritty much it now. waiting on some bearings,belt and studs from Sumo power then sending my head off to Jackson auto machine on the 14th fed for a stage 3 head:smthumbup

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
Going to be a weapon.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
cracking work there, i was always in 2 minds on should i take my engine out or not and spray the engine bay, but after seeing that i think its a must.

nice work.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Very nice mate. Sell it to me when you finished it ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments. its defiantly worth getting the engine out and giving it a paint looks so much cleaner. thinking of having the block and gearbox powder coated as well so it all looks like new. not looking forward to painting the underneath :(

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Well done mate, excellent job :smthumbup

Scott

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Just a quick couple from tonight put the brakes back in bonnet back on etc

Got some bonnet lifters aswell but cut up the brackets supplyed and welded them to the original hinges. Now there painted it looks 100% factory and the bonnet gaps are perfect!

mine with my mates evo 5 (turbo5) having the engine bay painted same as mine and another friend deans 8 with 2.3 and gt35r on the ramp

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My enigne in its state now.(its been a few weeks since abit of progress due to waiting parts) Now just waiting on some cam seals then we can fit the cam belt and get it in the car ready for some use :)

Basic spec so far:
4G64 crank 2.3
Manley I beam rods
Wiseco 85.5 pistons
Standard Balance shaft machined(for oil pump support)
Jackson stage 3 ported big valve head
cosworth M2 cams
AMS intake manifold
Q45 throttle body
AMS race fuel rail
Presision 1000cc injectors
Custom rocker with -8 Breathers
Presision 6265 Billet Turbo
Tial external and BOV
Custom 3" Intercooler piping
Big K&N on 4" intake
etc etc etc :smthumbup

Massive thanks to Ben (lil_noddy evo 5) for building this with me and Lee (turbo5) for all the wiring & fabrication help.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts