Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you buy these things or do Mitsubishi guard them with their lives like Nissan used to with their tester ?

At least Nissan had work arounds if you didn't have the kit....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Apparently (if you believe the service manager spiel I got the other month) they're only needed for Evos, and Ralliart circulate the precious few there are amongst the Ralliart-trained mechanics/dealerships on demand. This therefore cuts another main artery in the grey supply/servicing network (ie. likelihood your local garage wouldn't/couldn't get one so yoru car couldn't be diagnosed or treated as well as a Ralliart car). Could just be a load of bull though (rather likely I would suspect!).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have the MUT tester which we had great difficulty buying in Japan.

It is the only way to access all diagnostic functions (even climate control) and means we can perform AYC changes in the same way as any qualified dealer.

Also we offer 4wd diagnostic tuning which no franchised dealer can, so in fact we can offer a better service for the grey imports than any other independent dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked our Kyiv (Ukraine) Mitsu dealer if he had one of those and he immediately recognised it as a 'computer tester' which was routinely used for servicing all regular Mitsubishi products (Evo is not officially imported in Ukraine). So, no evo-special, Ralliart-circulated mystery and exclusivity there, just a relatively expensive (for an individual garage) piece of equipment, which is probably not sold outside the Mitsu network.

brgds,
vld

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hallmarks in Thatcham have all this equipment and are independent of any franchised network.

They don't purport to be performance tuners either.

Laters

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts