Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst at a bike meet at Silverstone over the weekend, I thought I would pop in to WRC Tech to have a little look around (Thanks Darin for the address). Got to say that Chris / Allen were totally superb. Nothing too much trouble, even with me asking lots of probably stupid questions.

Ended up with my MR340 going on the rollers, with the attached curves being the result.

Anybody got any comments on the curves.

Cheers
Daz

BHP vs Barg Curve:-

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sweet :coolsm:

Does it make a lot of difference to the feel of the car with the de-cat? Mine is totally standard and I want to get a de-cat pipe but I don't want it to start having fuel cuts and other nasty side effects. I suppose I would need to wait until I can afford an ECU upgrade/remap as well.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Cryptwalk said:
It's running alot of boost, whats that 1.9 bar?! Can't see that being right. :eek:
That's the power graph! :p

The boost is the dotted line that peaks at just under 1.5 bar at about 3200 rpm then drops back to 1.0.

Solid line scale on the left, dotted line scale on the right.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I went to PE with Mole when he had his de-cat fitted to his MR 340 and that reached 352, and the torque was the same too, so Id say that was pretty good going!! two completely seperate rolling roads and the same figures :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Fuelling looks spot on to me, looks like the add on dastek does a GOOD JOB so it would seem ;)

Darren are you gonna get the ECUTEK done ?, did they give any idea of what the gains would be for your car ?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Probably not a lot with Std Exhaust\Induction.

I am getting APS induction\Exhaust\Bov etc added next month and the Motec remapped. I will let you know the results when I get them. Currently running 355Bhp with just Motec.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alex_123_fra said:
Sweet :coolsm:

Does it make a lot of difference to the feel of the car with the de-cat? Mine is totally standard and I want to get a de-cat pipe but I don't want it to start having fuel cuts and other nasty side effects. I suppose I would need to wait until I can afford an ECU upgrade/remap as well.
Alex,

Not too sure to be honest. I like to think it adds something, but to be truthfull, if a standard car is producing 345Bhp, and mine is producing 350Bhp approx with de-cat, then it does not add alot.

Now the noise, thats a different matter :D When on WOT, it sounds like a jet engine. :rockon:

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CTRnutter said:
I went to PE with Mole when he had his de-cat fitted to his MR 340 and that reached 352, and the torque was the same too, so Id say that was pretty good going!! two completely seperate rolling roads and the same figures :)
CTRnutter,

You are spot on mate. This shows that the 340's and the rolling roads used are pretty constant.

Daz :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
#96 said:
Fuelling looks spot on to me, looks like the add on dastek does a GOOD JOB so it would seem ;)

Darren are you gonna get the ECUTEK done ?, did they give any idea of what the gains would be for your car ?

The simple answer is no mate. Having spoken to the very honest guys at WRC, they said that I would not see any real performance gains if I went for the ECUTEK. They could smooth out the boost curve slightly, but the only real change would be to make the car more drivable. I actually enjoy driving the car as is. The slightly harsh drive reminds me why I sold my Audi, and bought an Evo :D

I think from what I have been told, that if more performance is the goal, then the ECUTEK on the 340 is not the way to go. Motec or similar is , but I am too tight to spend alot of cash :D

Cheers

·
12,904 Posts
Radar said:
That's the power graph! :p

The boost is the dotted line that peaks at just under 1.5 bar at about 3200 rpm then drops back to 1.0.

Solid line scale on the left, dotted line scale on the right.
Ahh, so many dots and dashes. :D

Thats great then. :) :blush:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Doesn't 266bhp atw translate to 330bhp atf. Its the standard 24% transmission loss right :confused: Or am I way off here??

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mrk said:
Doesn't 266bhp atw translate to 330bhp atf. Its the standard 24% transmission loss right :confused: Or am I way off here??
:crackup: :crackup:

Mark,

You need to get some new batteries mate.

It is not 266 + 24%, it is 350 - 24% = 266 Bhp

Cheers

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Assuming 24% loss, 266 ATW = 350 ATF.

(divide by 0.76 - don't multiply by 1.24)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Radar said:
Assuming 24% loss, 266 ATW = 350 ATF.

(divide by 0.76 - don't multiply by 1.24)
Already beat you to it mate :D

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
The lines cross around 3800rpm when most others I have seen cross around 5500rpm? :confused:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts