Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
R-Jay said:
What sizes are required for the front/back ?
I can tell you, but you'll have to wait for after work. If tony (Black Knight) sees this, he could tell you I think....he had mine fitted.

sorry can't be of any more help now...

what I can tell you is that I hardly use them with the decat :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
You'll find that 6.5" speakers fit in the hole, but the screw holes on the door are to far out to properly hold the speaker in place. i used some large washers to hold the speaker firmly. Some people have made some mounting rings from MDF, this helps if you get some speakers that might hit the window when open.

I haven't had a chance to sort the rears on mine yet though, you may find they are the same as the doors.

Prit

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
I dont think it even comes with wire either unless the previous guy specified an ICE option. However, if it has - you should replace the 'speaker cables' (I use this term loosely) asap otherwise you would be worse off than using two tin cans at each end of a piece of string.

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
R-Jay said:
Previous guy... .what do you mean?
Oh is it a brand new one you are getting? Oh well it won't have anything installed then. :)

Someone argued with me that they do come with the wires installed but not the speakers if you do not order the ice option but I distinctly remember Oakley have a right ******* of a time trying to get the wires through one of the door panels when I was due to first pick the car up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
They do come pre-installed with wires - not great ones mind, but they do for me.

I had some custom mounts made by a local engineering shop and used dynamat.

Send me a pm if you want to know more about it.

Cheers.

Al

·
Registered
946 Posts
R-Jay said:
Thanks for all your help, much appreciated...

Yes mr man I am getting a new one :D
Good lad :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts