Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I've had my FQ340 now since March 05 and have covered around 2k miles. The car is awesome and practically flawless (no probs with stalling or over revving between upchanges as has been reported on other MRs).

There is one thing though which I'm not sure if it is "normal" or not. Since the beginning, every time I try to start the car up...I put my foot on the clutch, turn the key and it starts but it always seems to struggle a bit...turning over and over for about a second. It seems this problem intermittently gets worse and I can't start it without also pumping the accelerator a few times as well!

I've never experienced this with any other new car...usually everything is very simple and ignition is instant (my 2 previous cars were civic type-r and M3). Is this normal in Evos? As I say, car is fine otherwise, but it is a bit embarassing when it looks like you're struggling to get it started...especially since it is new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
I initially had that problem, just now and again it would seem to burble for half a second and then finally kick in (most times). I took it to the dealer and they increased the stepper motor and it seemed fine after that. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts