Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took the plunge and had my MR fitted with the M800 Motec at the weekend. It was installed by Dave (Evo400) and mapped by Sam (The Dentist) and now the car is not only quicker, but the power delivery is much smoother, and the car is so much better behaved easpecially at low speed.

There is none of the usual nearly stalling moments I used to get when performing small manoeuvres such as a 3 point turn or moving in traffic. The tickover is rock solid and never fluctuates and the engine just seems to run so much smoother. This may sound like the car did not run well to start with but it has only covered 5,000 miles and ran as well as the day I collected it brand new. But now it runs better than brand new :D

The performance increase is also just as good. The car will boost incredibally smoothly even from 3,000rpm in 6th gear and I sometimes have to look to see which gear I am in as it feels like I am in a lower gear than I actually am, due to the way the car now pulls. Boost peaks at 1.7 and drops to 1.45-1.5 which is a vast improvement over the standard set up and the car just keeps pulling and pulling. This is probably the most impressive piece of kit I have had fitted to a car and it has the potential to do a whole lot more should I want to add a few more bits such as a ball bearing turbo and cams ;)

I would recommend this upgrade to anyone with an 8 or MR, or just about any car, and would like to thank Sam the Dentist for his mapping skills and patients as it took a while to set the car up how I wanted it. To Dave Evo 400 for fitting the kit (even with a dodgey back) and for some useful tips, and to Madmat for the use of his workshop and ramps :D

I think this is now going to get addictive :coolsm:

David.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
thanks for the kind comments pal sam and i always aim to please even if it does take a little longer than usually to attain it . evo400 will be more than happy to help the next upgrade path for you as well as sam adding his magic to the job again .

ps. matt and ian were well very white in the backl of the mota when mapping his car !! which i must say does move along @ a nice pace . car of the weekend has to go to kilroys car with are EVO400 CAR CONVERSION . now that did shift and sam and i felt like air craft pilots .

be in touch dave

regards

dave

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nice one David - I can see mine coming sooner than first thought :crackup:

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
we will run another group buy soon @ more great rates . also may do a combined MOTEC M800 , EVO400Ti turbo option also .

weebl you want to post it up ????

dave

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
thanks david, your car felt like it had alot of torque, must be that exhuast manifold me thinks.

will sort out the antilag switch by next weekend ;) :D

sam

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Dave,
Glad you got it sorted in the end. What manifold you running?
Let us know how the anti-lag goes. Better get the new turbo on order now :D

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
paul you may find 3 bottle of coke and some chocolate under you seat as we never did find them!!! :D

so what larger present you got planned for the wife for the next evo tuning stage then ?? :crackup:

dave

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
evo400 said:
paul you may find 3 bottle of coke and some chocolate under you seat as we never did find them!!! :D

so what larger present you got planned for the wife for the next evo tuning stage then ?? :crackup:

dave
I'll have a look in the morning. Although I did see three bottles of coke on the floor in the garage.

Wifes after a new watch. Perhaps I should buy here a diamond studded rolex. Perhaps I can get turbo and cams then. :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sound very interesting, sort of thing I will be looking to do on mine at some stage, David would it be possible to have a demo at the Dorset meet in April ;)

John

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
ANDY. ! i will inform you that i do and can change nappies :crackup: so don't come the big i am with me pal :D wiping bums is a skill something you will no doubt find out :moon:

but on a serious note sam really does do the bussiness everytime !!! i'm just his gimp !!!/bitch /tart / driver :D

dave

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
well done Sam ;) :D

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
evo400 said:

but on a serious note sam really does do the bussiness everytime !!! i'm just his gimp !!!/bitch /tart / driver :D

dave
i think the expression you are looking for is pilot/co-pilot ;) :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts