Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the difference is in these two turbo's?

Evo 8 MR FQ Turbo

and

Evo 8 FQ Turbo

Thanks

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I believe its just that the MR has a 10.5 housing where the FQ is 9.8. Sure someone a bit more knowledgable will confirm tho.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate, wanting to know as am after the MR turbo for my 6, have you got any ideas where i could get hold of a second hand one with low miles (25k or less) if possible?

·
North Scotland R.O
13,410 Posts
I'll have a 8 MR turbo available soon bought brand new 20 months ago only done approx 5k miles ;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Your E6 turbo will already have a 10.5t as stardard.
I believe the MR turo can handle more power and has a faster spool up than the stock one of the VI and I'm wanting to up the power so I can get 380 bhp to 400 bhp I was advised by Danny at RC to get this one and he would sort me out.
Plus the turbo on it at the moment has covered more than 70k miles as I know of so thought it would be good to get a fresh one on there.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
The FQ(/GSR) turbo is also twin flapper, whereas the MR is single flapper.

As for being faster spool up, I think the 9.8 should spool slightly faster than the 10.5, but the 10.5 should make more power at the top end.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I believe the MR turo can handle more power and has a faster spool up than the stock one of the VI and I'm wanting to up the power so I can get 380 bhp to 400 bhp I was advised by Danny at RC to get this one and he would sort me out.
Plus the turbo on it at the moment has covered more than 70k miles as I know of so thought it would be good to get a fresh one on there.
RC list a 10.5 turbo housing as part of the ECUTek + upgrade, couldn't they mod yours instead?

·
Premium Member
10,008 Posts
why bother with an mr turbo get a e9 turbo they make more power and a e9 gsr turbo can be had for £500 s/h ,or a e9gt for prob £800s/h 071 series

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RC list a 10.5 turbo housing as part of the ECUTek + upgrade, couldn't they mod yours instead?
why bother with an mr turbo get a e9 turbo they make more power and a e9 gsr turbo can be had for £500 s/h ,or a e9gt for prob £800s/h 071 series
Think I will give RC a ring juring the week sometime and see what they can do and see what my options are so I can get over the 400 bhp and 400 lb/ft.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts