Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could do with some advice please?

I was due to pick up my MR 400 (05) last week but there were some problems with the vehicle so it has had to go back to the dealer.

After hearing peoples comments on them i am unsure if i should go ahead with the sale now?

I had a Clio v6 and a Subaru WR1 before, and i wanted something a bit more special this time.....

I have had my eye on the following: Noble M12 3R, TVR Segaris, TVR T350, Porsche GT3 (V reg)

I am pretty keen on the Porsche or a Noble?

I would appreciate any comments on the above.

Marmy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,325 Posts
If you want a car with a warranty and hence do not want to modify it then yes. If not..........then I think I would have to say no :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,205 Posts
mate do ya self a favor and dont mention the 400 here ;)



it wont go down well i should no as i own one ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Marmy said:
I could do with some advice please?

I was due to pick up my MR 400 (05) last week but there were some problems with the vehicle so it has had to go back to the dealer.

After hearing peoples comments on them i am unsure if i should go ahead with the sale now?

I had a Clio v6 and a Subaru WR1 before, and i wanted something a bit more special this time.....

I have had my eye on the following: Noble M12 3R, TVR Segaris, TVR T350, Porsche GT3 (V reg)

I am pretty keen on the Porsche or a Noble?

I would appreciate any comments on the above.

Marmy
dont go for it

buy a second hand mr and tune it yourself and u will get 700 bhp for the price u spend on an mr400 and that will be with adjustable suspension a car to massacre the mclaren f1 :D 0 to top speed and beat all supercars on track
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,205 Posts
Re: Re: Mr 400

moses said:
dont go for it

buy a second hand mr and tune it yourself and u will get 700 bhp for the price u spend on an mr400 and that will be with adjustable suspension a car to massacre the mclaren f1 :D 0 to top speed and beat all supercars on track
ahh shut up moses i have one remember

git :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,325 Posts
duran said:
mate do ya self a favor and dont mention the 400 here ;)

it wont go down well i should no as i own one ;)
Being 100% honest Jase if you had £48k in your back burner and no car, would you go and buy a MR400 now knowing what you know:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
Found this one local to me....



2004 54 Reg MITSUBISHI LANCER Evo VIII MR400
4 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Saloon, Petrol, 850 miles, Metallic gunmetal, 1 Owner. AS NEW, Air Bag, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Body Coloured Bumpers, cd player, Central Door Locking, Driver Air Bag, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Front Fog Lights, Immobilizer, Manual Transmission, One Owner, Paint Metallic, Power-Assisted Steering, Alloy wheels, Climate Control. £42,995.

Ware Garages Mitsubishi
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
7,602 Posts
New car with warrenty FQ400

The 996 will have a huge appeal but if you drive it how you should, with no warrenty then the service costs may be quite high to say the least as some of the consumable parts are not cheap.

Jez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
How about a brand new Porsche Cayman S for £43,950 - see todays Autocar.

291bhp 3.4 litre flat 6, 171mph, mid engined coupe based on the Boxster.
8min11 sec lap of the Nurburgring (4 sec quicker than a 997 Carrera)

Top notch handling and build quality, reasonable servicing and running costs. Brand new car, so full warranty.

On sale 26th Nov.

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,285 Posts
The 2 cars on your list I would touch with a barge pole are the TVR and the Noble. Potentailly great cars that have a build quality that 1970's Leyland would have been ashamed of. I used to think the Noble was for me but the stories you hear about relaiblity ...............

Got to agree with Insbro re the GT3 but then again, the service costs on the Evo aren't exactly low.

I can understand why people don't want to buy a s/h Evo and tune the hell out of it. You might be OK on reliablity or you could be writing a blank cheque. You never know.

If you want a decently fast Evo with the comfort of a warranty, get an FQ 340 MR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Sim_Evo said:
Found this one local to me....

2004 54 Reg MITSUBISHI LANCER Evo VIII MR400
4 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Saloon, Petrol, 850 miles, Metallic gunmetal, 1 Owner. AS NEW, Air Bag, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Body Coloured Bumpers, cd player, Central Door Locking, Driver Air Bag, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Front Fog Lights, Immobilizer, Manual Transmission, One Owner, Paint Metallic, Power-Assisted Steering, Alloy wheels, Climate Control. £42,995.

Ware Garages Mitsubishi
[email protected] me thats 5k lost without even finishing the run-in period. The guy didn't even fully experience the car! Either that or he nailed it till the engine blew up... Still though I wonder how much mine's now worth with ten times that mileage!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,205 Posts
FQ400-#018 said:
[email protected] me thats 5k lost without even finishing the run-in period. The guy didn't even fully experience the car! Either that or he nailed it till the engine blew up... Still though I wonder how much mine's now worth with ten times that mileage!
mate i dont think we would get 35k for ours :cry:

there should be a law agianst it :crackup:
 
1 - 20 of 234 Posts
Top