Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
i think it was more to do with having a child on the back, i was also shocked though.
Thing is, a police officer killed a pensioner during a training exercise last year and got a £500.00 fine and was charged with careless driving. Oh well, ho hum.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Thing is, a police officer killed a pensioner during a training exercise last year and got a £500.00 fine and was charged with careless driving. Oh well, ho hum.
Yes but they are allowed to **** up didnt you know its the law:wallbang: its the same as the cop that got caught doing 158mph honing his skills he was:goingmad::frust:

Mark

·
Registered
535 Posts
^^^Exactly, if the driver was a 18 year old scrote who had nicked the bike and had his 'tard mate on the back doing the same thing, he would have got a 6 month driving ban and 25 hours community service.

I'm not saying what the guy did was right or wrong but there are 2 interesting points here:

1.) The disparity in sentencing

2.) People's own moral speed limit ie would 100 mph been ok, it carries a similar conviction and is breaking the law!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I just think whole justice system needs to get some bl00dy perspective.

Officer on TV "he could have killed someone" - yeh, but he didn't. Whereas the guy you locked up the week before for carrying a knife and a stolen dvd player from a burgalry got a suspended sentence.

Makes me sooo angry :goingmad:

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I just think whole justice system needs to get some bl00dy perspective.

Officer on TV "he could have killed someone" - yeh, but he didn't. Whereas the guy you locked up the week before for carrying a knife and a stolen dvd player from a burgalry got a suspended sentence.

Makes me sooo angry :goingmad:
its fine, just remember that when you're a upstanding member of society then in the eyes of the law, you're a easy target!

so, don't get caught or you're buggered!!

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
perspective

its only speeding ffs-so easy on a modern bike-safe too
better being a thieving,stabbing piece of junkie filth and you get away with everything.
about time the limits were raised on national/motorways.
and the judges need a wake up shake too.

·
Registered
948 Posts
A big fine should have been the end of it, 120 is hardly the end of the world. Daft but not a worse sentance than most criminals get

·
North Scotland R.O
13,412 Posts
Poor guy life ruined for another blown out of proportion speeding offence :shake:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Should have had points and a fine. Watched Police Interceptors the other night and every scrote they caught red handed with stolen cars got off with lack of evidence. ****ing joke it was. Yet this poor bloke opens up the throttle and some tw8t of a judge dishes out 6 months!!!!!! :wallbang:

Might aswell become a thieving doley scrote as you hardly get a sentence nowadays.:smthumbup

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not that its clever or anything but who hasn't? maybe not with a kid on a motorbike but I bet a high percentage have driven at this speed once or twice in their life.

For perspective had he done this on the autobahn he wouldn't even get fined let alone jail time.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts