Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well some of you know that i am (have) scrapping the Motec ecu to try something a little different. Now I'm not slating the Motec at all as i have used it successfully with autotronics in the past however....... things have now changed.

First of all i have had fitted a 2.3 ix mivec stroker engine (built by MAD) along with a AMS GT35R turbo kit, ix ecu and all the over bits needed to my VIII.

After tweaking the initial starting sequence (grayw first time) we where off. So what's it like to be the first high powered Evo in the UK running a standard ecu with no maf???? ****ing awesome. First thing you notice is the instant start upon turning the key (wahoo no more cold start issues). What's next well, the car was only mapped up to 1.4bar of boost today due to spending 6hrs making sure everything was done safely!!!! How it performs?? ****ing awesome!!! I'm hitting full boost at 3.7k @ 1.4bar of boost and that's with a 4.11 final drive gearbox. It's bloody quick, quicker than my old forged 2litre running 2 bar of boost and i haven't even had it tweaked to 2.3bar yet. Every gear is smooth instant power right up to the red line, no jerks, hesitation, nothing. My car will hit well over 500 atws i'm sure of it. So how does this effect you? Give it a try and find out, you will be amazed :D:D:D

I will never go back to a motec or autotronic, not because they rubbish, that's not true they are awesome piece of kit but now i have no more cold start problems, stock performance off boost, and i get all the bhp & torque that motec & autotronice can offer but for free :naughty:

You want proof??? Come and have a ride and wait for the rr figures :smthumbup

Whilst I'm here i would like to say a big thank you to grayw for mapping her today and for spending another 4hrs mapping on Tuesday, and also big thank you to John who has supplied grayw with all the software and information needed :smthumbup

There is a new boy in town so watch this space :D

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The failure was not with the Motec, but with the mapper.
Of course a Motec ecu can be made to cold start and idle properly.

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
Nice one Ant, So i take it you are are running the SD patch :)

I will going over to this soon and after talking to a few others the std ecu is starting to be as good if not better than some standalone ecu's

Lee.

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The failure was not with the Motec, but with the mapper.
Of course a Motec ecu can be made to cold start and idle properly.
The title was a wind up fella :smthumbup to get peoples attention :lol:

I'm talking about a standard ecu being mapped to run a GT35R and a 2.3 stroker with no maf and to produce over 600bhp which has been said countless of times by many many people it cannot be done :D Well lets just say thay are wrong :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one Ant, So i take it you are are run the SD patch :)

I will going over to this soon and after talking to a few others the std ecu is starting to be as good if not better than some standalone ecu's

Lee.
It's great fella!!! once on the move you would never tell the difference :lol:

·
MLR Traders
6,505 Posts
im not sure motec is a failure did me ok to get a 6th spot at mlr 30-130 and helped ross w win it!!!

a little unfair as a title really as im sure if any tuner spent as long tuning idle as mitsi did with std ecu that would be just the same.....

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not sure motec is a failure did me ok to get a 6th spot at mlr 30-130 and helped ross w win it!!!

a little unfair as a title really as im sure if any tuner spent as long tuning idle as mitsi did with std ecu that would be just the same.....
Read the above post fella :smthumbup The title was just aimed to get peoples attention, bit of tong and cheek that's all :smthumbup

·
Gav
7,579 Posts
Autotronics :lol: As someone said above, you cant blame an ECU for running problems :smthumbup

As long as you're happy, but for how long? :D

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
nice one grayo:smthumbup

....is it worth us 'low power' 2 litres changing over to speed density? how consistant are the logs with it?

:smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
dumb thread title:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
People, the title was to get peoples attention. Read what i have written and it will explain everything else. My point is there are many people who have said 600bhp is not impossible on the standard ecu! Quite simply, they are wrong!

·
Registered
20,154 Posts
Ant, Good to test at high levels
BUT i would never replace my aftermarket ecu for a stock 1,
Not enough safety loops,
Like said the aftermarket ecu are a fantastic bit of kit, just need some time and good mapper to set them up,

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
not enough safety with std ecu???

....more and more peeved off people now methinks......specially after spending all that hard earned cash on expensive aftermarket ecu's:mhihi:

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Good to see the standard ECU being pushed, proof that fancy aftermarket ECU's arn't necessarily needed on high powered cars, I had a feeling you were gonna go this route Ant, well done, hope it all runs smoothly.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts