Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an evo 6 gsr with replacement front pipe and cat bypass and stock back box,Blitz dump valve,blitz sus power induction, when parts where fitted boost showed at 1.27
it was a cold day so it may be a factor, now the most boost goes to is 1.16 can any body tell me the reason why.
and also i have seen threads about removing the boost solenoid grommet is this risk free and will it make any differance,and where is the grommet?
i would be greatfull for any comments.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure what is the prob with your boost fluctuation is.The solenoid valve for the waste gate actuator is where the grommet is. As you look at the engine bay, on the righthand susp turret you will see the charcoal canister.lift that straight up and move out the way to access the solenoid.The soleniod is clipped to a bracket dirrectly below where the canister was,release clip and slide off,unplug wires and both rubber pipes(make note of which goes where).As you look at the soleniod with the plug on your left and the pipes on the right,you should see a restriction on the right of the two pipes,remove this using a small self taping screw.Once wound in a small amount,you should be able to pull the grommet out(DO NOT LOSE).Reconnect pipes etc in correct order and road test.In my experiance i noticed the turbo seemed to have a more powerfull punch and could also here the difference in the turbo speed as i could here it wind up more.iI have run my car like this for 6 months with no probs.I you experiance fuel cuts or detonation put the grommet back but im sure it will be all good fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks lead foot i followed your instructions and took the car out to test and booted it my boost gauge showed 1.25 a rise of 0.09 and turbo felt completly differant (could be imagination) but i am pleased with results, cant wait till its a bit cooler to see how it runs then. i will watch the boost if it gos anywhere near 1.30 ill consider con rod bolts
Cheers

PS great intructions!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts