Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently waiting for the winter weather to be over and done with before I go for my remap but the question is this...
Should I expect more flames from my exhaust after my remap?

Currently having the full decat milltek system fitted on my X, I occasionally notice a nice big sky lighting flash when going through the back roads at night. It doesnt happen very often but I quite like it.

Will it happen more often once its mapped? Quite liking the few and far between pops and bangs I get currently too! :lol: :naughty:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Have a word with you mapper , he should be able to put a tad of negative timing in the low load sections to give pops n bangs etc.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Dont know about the x's ecu but the earlier ones can have a twin map so you can turn off the pop's n bangs but someone with a bit more knowlage will be along shortly to tell you if it can be done on the X .

·
Registered
732 Posts
Dont know much about x mapping but this is an example of the -ve timing on my 8. This is the alt map with launch control and pops bangs. Produces 1 bar boost on the 5krpm stationary rev limit...

·
Premium Member
20,181 Posts
Once you get your decat Miltek on the flames will start, if you just have a straight remap you should be able to get some more. Mine is on the standard 360 map and I don't think it flames much at all untill you get it to the track, then it is like a flamethrower all the way :D Probably because the exhaust is nice and hot then :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Sider, I already had the full decat system fitted. It was early in the morning when I typed that haha.

Thats how I have noticed a few flames so far. I will speak to the mapper about it when I get it in there then. I was just curious as I thought it may of been possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts