Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys

is there a way of altering the boost curve, to bring the boost on strong in mid-range and the tail off higher up (like the Extreme versions of the car??), with just a sports ecu and blitz sbc-id controller, or do you have to have a programmable ecu.

thanks
lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lee I dont know about the Blitz but if it has the same features as the Apexi,then you can alter the boost setting throughout the rev range.The Apexi allows you to set individual boost settings fromm 3000rpm every 500rpm up to 8500rpm.This way you can create your own curve,and set it up for high boost in the midrange.If the blitz can do the same then Dragon should be able to set it up for you.

With the Apexi you can also set the duty cycle for the injectors and rd speed,RC have got this of to a fine art,there is more to these boost controllers than setting high and low boost,or using the self learn programme they need to be set up manually,and with care,to get the best performance.

Also if you are running too rich you will lose power,thats why I have the AFC to control fuel.If you set up the Blitz right you will get a better power curve,than you achieved at Powerstation,ie no spikes.

Hope this helps Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, and you can also set overboost, get a replay of the boost curve to find pbs, etc. It is gear dependant too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lee, I believe you can if you also get the Power Meter Id too.

If you want to do this properly, then get an ECU. You could flog your ECU (Sports ECU, isn't it?) and the boost controller and get a mapped GEMS for a bit more.

Have a mate interested in the ECU and boost controller if you go that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts