Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had an experience of these?

I'll probably be selling the Evo in about a year for something of a similar size but newer and a bit more practical. I know it is a ford but I think they look pretty nice and if you pick up one that's about 12 - 18 months old I think you get quite a lot for your money.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any first hand experiences of these.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Wonderfull car, I did alot of research about these last year, the only reason i didn't buy one was because the dashboard rubbed against my missus knees when she had the seat in a comfortable driving position.
They are quick enough and that v6 is a gem, handling imho is the best in it's class. I would highly recomend a test drive in one.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I owned one about 2 years ago. Loads of toys, very comfortable but only 20mpg round the doors and 30 on a run. Watch out for the deprication. Like a lead ballon! Other than that i would have another one, no doubt.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Rented one of these for 3-days from Hertz when I took my Evo to RC for clutch work, 2 minites walk

Plenty of torque not an evo but good as an every day drive & good economy

£ 57 for 3 days :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Defo the best handling car in it`s class and buying one now means you`ve missed the massive depreciation hit! ;)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd not buy one new for the reasons you mention but will look to get myself a nice 12 - 18 monther when I decide it's time for the Evo go.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be keeping the evo another year I reckon but if me and missus are going to have kids we are going to have to get a family car the wife is not too scared to drive!

She has a little fiesta as a run around and we're going to want to still have two cars in the family so unless I can see a way of me affording to run the Evo and a similar sized family car (like the Mondeo) then I can't see an alternative. Plus it will be knocking on 8 years old next year and that's a bit older than I'd ideally have.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Dont rule out the diesel version, personally i think its the better choice. You may well get better deals after the new mondeo is released too.

Our little girl was born fri plus made redundant end of sept and haven't been able to find work with similar wages so am toying with the idea of what to do for the best :(

The Evo's great but nothing compares to starting a family

·
Registered
485 Posts
ST220

Just posted one for sale in the Non Evo Cars section.

They are great cars and my wife ran ours after I got the EVO but she now wants a Golf!!

Good all-round car, great handling for the class and a pretty good package for very good money now. The fact that you get great performance with the overall space and comfort of a family saloon is what this car is about.

The diesel has meant that the V6 is not as popular as it was but if you don't want the diesel then the ST220 is a great car to run. I still enoy driving it but it's not an EVO!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
hobbers said:
Anyone had an experience of these?

I'll probably be selling the Evo in about a year for something of a similar size but newer and a bit more practical. I know it is a ford but I think they look pretty nice and if you pick up one that's about 12 - 18 months old I think you get quite a lot for your money.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any first hand experiences of these.
I have had 3 cossies and will always be a ford fan but selling your Evo for a St220 is in my opinion is not the best decision.I have drove the new focus St and it was sh+te.Keep your Evo,its a family 4 door saloon,what more do u want?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts