Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If people could let me know if they are interested in driving / train and amp; driving for the rally in monaco. Rally starts 18th Jan and finishes on the 20th. We would leave early on the 16th to arrive the 17th. Any ideas on number of people and number of cars would be helpful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have some more details :

Motor-rail only available from Paris in wintertime, but it still takes you direct to Nice. Its an overnight sleeper so we all should arrive re-freshed the following morning (depends on how much bed-hopping goes on !). Cost is £109.00/car and the sleeper room is about £90.00 for a 4 birth. These prices are ONE way only. Nice to Menton would be a very pleasant 45min drive (or quicker).
I will check on the channel tunnel train costs next.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Discussion pending..... Can't confirm
Will want to take sprog along (as mummy won't babysit for 5 days - unfortunately)

How safe would it be for a 31 month old Claudius/Maxi ????????? and I know all the spiel about Motorsport is dangerous and all that :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You shouldnt take your 2 1/2 year-old to the rally! Get a nanny or sthg. It's pretty cold too. Be careful with your children!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont really know any of you very well but I may consider coming as well as I think it would be a great time. Depends on time off work and who wants to or dosnt want to come with me.
Also I may be a bit, a bit mind you slower as I have the 1800 RS and some of my mates are the lightest people in the world. But may play with the engine a bit more if I go, any excuse to spend money on the car:)
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely going,

Train option sounds good value, three of us in one car, looked up Eurostar online the other night and had a quote of £267 return to get over to France, can you find any cheaper? We are probably going to chuck a tent in the back of the Evo as my sis in law runs an outdoors mountaineering type shop, anyone found details of stages and access?

Roll on January, are any of you going to Donnington???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I'm deffo interested, my mate Andy is up for it too, I just need to put a proposal in to the board (the wife). Will let you know.

Woohoo! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Claudius,
Pls don't assume that I am a bad mother...... I do take good care of my son's welfare, which is why I asked for your opinion.
I wouldn't trust a nanny (never used one/never will) with my baby anyhow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fastchick,

We will probably take Amber as we have a similar problem to you guys, its bad enough trying to get them to babysit for 1 night let alone 1 week ! If we use the train it won't be a problem. I will give it a week, let some more people reply, then I will get a quote of the train companies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Daz,
I really want to go, and I do want to take Liam..... I will have to be alot more safety aware than others thats all, and think of Liam. I reckon he'd love watching the cars (at a safe distance) and whatever happened... at least we'd be there (which is more than some people could say!)
I don't feel so worried about it now..... Thankyou Daz.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your up early again !
Amber would love it too bits, it would be a shame not to take her. I wouldn't consider taking her if we were driving the whole way - it would be just too much for her. At least Amber will have a freind to play with !
OK, so far it looks like this :
Fastchick 1 car 3 people
Me 1 car 3 people
Silver RS 1 car ? people
Yorkie 1 car 3 people
Davy T 1 car 2 people

I should be able to get some kind of discount, but as I say, I will leave it another week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Daz.... slow down mate, this is still pipeline dreams for me. Discussion is still pending (as per another post I made) but knowing that you will probably take Amber means that the decision to go may not be so hard!
But, a.t.e.o.t.d. (did you get that?) it's not my sole decision, which is why I can't confirm definate plans....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeh, I got it (at the end of the day). I just need some very rough numbers to get a quote on. Be a nice xmas pressy though !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice xmas pressie for who? all of us.... or just you (!) :) only kidding.

Have to wait and see what happens and amp;lt;although, waiting and Tara, are two words that very rarely appear in the same sentence and amp;gt; other half shall be nodding wildly at this point :) :) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anymore takers on this one ? I will contact the relevant train companies soon as post some estimated prices. I will be going to the welsh rally, anyone fancy it ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Talks with The Boss also in progress......
Are you taking Amber along?? Have you already sorted your accomodation out ?
What are the dates for that one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hotels:

Roquebrune
Vista Palace 4 star (parking garage!) GBP 160 to 220
Diodato 2 star (with closed parking) GBP 45 to 95

Menton
Aiglon (closed parking) 3 star GBP 45 to 75
Prince de Galles (closed parking) 2 star GBP 40 to 55

All these hotels have a closed parking garage, there are other hotels where they have parking available, but outside in front of the hotel, not closed.

You can always leave the car in a closed public parking, or in Monaco...

The stars are the stars from the Michelin thing, not official stars, ie you will get something better than expected.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fastchick,

Yes we will take Amber, the dates are 16,17,18,19,20,21,22. The rally is on the Fri, Sat and amp; Sun. I haven't sorted any accomadation yet but I will be getting a quote soon on the train costs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Daz,
Excuse my ignorance here, but if the rally's only 3 days, what are all the other days for ??? (it's early- humour me!)

checked diary and meant to be somewhere else on the Saturday...... so looks as if that ones a no-goer! grumble,grumble

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Daz,
check this out...... don't know how accurate it is... but looks like your dates are wrong! or I am......

www.ukmotorsport.com/rallying_uk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts