Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Rocher area is "free for all" basically. Yes, it is a paid & fenced area but if your coach is late, you could sit anywhere from the actual turn in the video to all the way to the right almost in the harbor seeing nothing else than buildings and the backs of the ships.

I do understand the deal is quite cheap @ 249 for 2 days out but personally I wouldn't go for it. Monaco (good seats) is sold out already but my budget for any European F1 is about 350 quid for just 1 ticket (weekend pass) to get a decent spot on either of the tracks.

Maybe Austria is an option; you can find footage of Austria online (older footage) and it's a whole lot cheaper as well. Or Hungary although the trip might take more than 1 day each way.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really, just would have also enjoyed going out in the evenings in a place like this..but if theres a risk of getting sheite views probably not worth the risk i would be gutted tbh 250 gbp for 2 nights inc titckets is canny cheap mind!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

Take your pick which is best if coach is late to arrive... I would opt for neither view, to be honest.

250 quid is a bargain indeed and you might find yourself in the best spot of the day having an awesome weekend out. Mind you; there is no access to anything remotely trackside whatsoever in the time you're there and you probably won't be able to walk to other areas/views even outside quali or the gp itself due to the simple fact you need a wristband for each and every section of a F1-track.

/edit: sorry for the odd layout of the pictures... :(

·
Registered
719 Posts
Not to mention if you do manage to have a night out round here you would have a stroke at the price of a pint! - Tis a really nice place tho definatly worth seeing, not sure its worth trying to get there on the grandprix weekend tho unless your minted - Compared to most of the purpose built tracks there is very little quality viewing area, and there is not much going on around the track unless your lucky enough to be staying in a hotel right in the middle, or one of the yachts

If you want a bargain grandprix, then go to Spain - £100 general admission, its sunny so you can sit on the grass, £15 to park for the whole weekend by the track - Then you can get the train in to Barcalona for a wicked night out!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Take your pick which is best if coach is late to arrive... I would opt for neither view, to be honest.

250 quid is a bargain indeed and you might find yourself in the best spot of the day having an awesome weekend out. Mind you; there is no access to anything remotely trackside whatsoever in the time you're there and you probably won't be able to walk to other areas/views even outside quali or the gp itself due to the simple fact you need a wristband for each and every section of a F1-track.

/edit: sorry for the odd layout of the pictures... :(
I wouldnt be overly impressed withy the view of the tree! thanks for heads up....:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hungary is well worth going to, the weather is usually good, you can stay in Budapest and get the free bus to the circuit or get a taxi for about £25.

Link to my pictures from last year:
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=459263&highlight=budapest
that looks WAAAAYYYY better than monaco, awesome pics lookslike a great trip, gonna look into that instead much better, hungary it is! cheers for feedback:smthumbup

wonder if i can drive to hungary.....

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
that looks WAAAAYYYY better than monaco, awesome pics lookslike a great trip, gonna look into that instead much better, hungary it is! cheers for feedback:smthumbup

There was a UK registered GTR outside our hotel last year which got me thinking, however when I looked at the distance and fuel costs it worked out much cheaper flying Whizzair. We usually stay at the same hotel and book direct and do our own flights etc, considerable saving over going through one of the motor racing tour providers.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Monaco is a must do, we did 2012 Stayed in Nice and made a week holiday
Grandstand K gave us a lot of track view, only downside was 450 euros a ticket
Stayed in Nice, train straight into Monaco on raceday morning 20 mins so much easier than Barcelona which is about a 3 mile uphill walk from the trainstation or queing at Silverstone
Though id share a couple pics anyway

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Ofcourse you can; it's only 1000 miles from Dover :rotz: Then again, you are allowed to floor it in big parts of Germany... But no, even though Spa is around the corner for me (2.5H relaxed drive), it took me a total of 5H on race-day to get to/from the parking from the hotel 16 miles away.

Not every track has ****ty parking but I don't think Hungary is worth taking your own car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts