Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on model reports.com but it says its "in progress" - but the car is only my driveway - does anybody know who does one for the 5?!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Personally speaking, if model report doesnt have 1 i dont think there is any body will have.

and when they said its in progress usually mean at least 6 months time.

if you are brave enough you can actually produce a model report providing that you supply all detail information required and usually cost around £30k to make the report hence why u need to rent it.

there is a daft way to get it on the road it either to wait for the model report or wait until your car is 10 years or old, with this age of car SVA and model report is not needed

regards
Peter

·
shaun
1,256 Posts
there is no model report for an evo 5! there has never been one! i looked into this a couple of months ago!

vosa have the full list of cars with model reports!and whoever posted up that model reports direct have one are wrong!they only have one for a 6/7/8

you can either sell the car for spares or wait for a year or so for one to be done!

shaun

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Shaun,

I haven't verified the information but the pdf of model reports at http://www.bimta.co.uk/ updated 21/01/05 lists Model Reports Direct as having a noise/emissions report for a V, however it is not listed on their website or (as you say) on the VOSA site.

Out of interest, if there isn't a model report, how are newly imported EVO Vs registered ?

Regards,

Simon

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
spn said:
Out of interest, if there isn't a model report, how are newly imported EVO Vs registered ?
You have to put it through all the testing yourself, 1500-2000 pounds.

If somebody gets a nice standard 5 in and gets a model report done (extra couple of hundred quid on top of the testing IIRC) then they will then be able to rent that out and should recoup their money?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts