Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Doesnt it say on your page that he added the switch?

Why does he keep these ugly orange side repeaters??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I didn't know that the TME RS2 had AYC and amp; ABS, as the previous RS's didn't have these fitted. Going to get the switch fitted to my GSR. Also going to get the AP 6-pots and grroved disc mod once I've decided were to buy them from. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry

would be also interested in the switchable AYC/ABS thing as I also drive an RSII TME with bespoke items.

Please check your mail.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a few points as I am always interested in home made electronic tuning (see AYC Tuning thread in the Technical forum).

From the description and the photos all they have done is whack in a 60A rated switch in system instead of having to manually disconnect the AYC/ABS fuselinks. In principle the idea is OK (do you really want to turn off the ABS on the road though?) however wiring a 60A switch into the glovebox is not exactly a very sound practice electrically when the same result can be acheived by wiring in a lesser rated switch to the control side of the AYC relay on the bulkhead without affecting the ABS.

I think the main point is that when you turn off the AYC completely the rear diff acts as an open diff and I would rather have the torque transferring AYC any day of the week than that! The point of the AYC Tuning thread is to keep the good functions of AYC (LSD) and weed out the less fun parts of it (unpredictable/knife edge limit).

Basically nice try but no thanks!

P.S. Why is the wiper motor labelled up as the AYC/ABS in the photo on the site?
P.P.S. I love the twin exhaust photo at the top :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts