Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed themselves a mobile phone car kit in a VI ? I have a Nokia 6210 that I want to fit a car kit (genuine Nokia jobbie) and wondered if there were any particular difficulties that one might encounter. Like antenna mounting, cable runs, where to get power and is it possible to tie in to the radio? I had thought about having one fitted but I don't trust leaving the car with any old tom, dick etc.

Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Very easy if you get the right kit....

First of all don't get one of those roof/window mount aerials - they make life too difficult. You can now get replacement tax disc holders that act as a mobile phone aerial - the lead of the back of the new tax disc holder will feed down the bottom of the a-pillar.

Next bit you have to get is a universal mount for the phone... the mount that you get with tha car kit need to be drilled into place which does'nt always look the best... The mount I have slides inbetween the car stereo cage and the dash - very tidy - no holes !

All the cables you need will be on the back of the stereo - live, earth and mute.

If you take out the glove box and look up and left you can see a bit of space where the magic box for the kit can be stored.

An finaly - the speaker - I would recommed the kit that comes with the lead that uses your origonal speakers in the car - just a plug and play module. If you use the speaker supplied you have to mount it somewhere close to you coz the cabin noise is so great it drowns everything eles out!!

P.S if you are useing external amplifiers in the ar you have to go with the speaker supplied with the car kit...

Hope this helps...

PPS if your anywhere near Newcastle upon Tyne I'll do it for you - My fee will be a cup of coffee - black 1 sugar !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tax disc holder type glass mounts are cheap crap and do not work.
panorama is the only make worth fitting

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting comments. Thanks BuLldOg. That should be sufficient to get me started though I'll spend a bit of time on looking at different antenna variations.

Oh, and thanks for the offer but Newcastle is just a tad too far for me to pop in.

Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr Custard ... Which aerial do you use?

I use the tax disc thing from Autoleads... Haven't found any probs with it. Or was I just a lucky one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we as a company have probably fitted over 1000 car kits,
we will only use Panorama antenna,s......from experience
the coax needs to be as short as possible to do any good
we would also only use genuine car kits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts