Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just bought myself a little tablet laptop to take to work and surf the net when i'm at a loose end & when we go away on hols in the UK.

Does anyone know of any deals that are on at the moment or can anyone advise of the best one to get ?

I don't need a huge download limit as i won't be downloading any music etc, 1gb should suffice.

cheers

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
I got one from '3'

£25 a month. Worth it for me anyway witha 5gb download and Samsung N10 laptop, excellent bit of kit for me to use for mapping with it being very compact:smthumbup use it on the train to and from work everyday:)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'3' is the only one I cannot have due to the signal being rubbish at work.

2 fella's had '3' and they ditched it.

I've got an Orange contract phone so i suppose i could ring them and see what deal they can offer.

I saw somewhere that O2 had one for a fiver per month on contract ?

·
Registered
30,780 Posts
when im away from home andy i use orange dongle and you know how much internet i use.

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
That is a good price :smthumbup

I wouldn't have gone with 3 had it not been for the laptop deal, but it turned out ok for me as the area i travel on doesn't have bad coverage:)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I've already bought a netbook so a laptop deal I don't need...

3gb is more than enough for what i need, it'll be mostly used just for internet surfing and watching films off memory cards.

I get a lot of spare time in my job and sometimes its mind numbingly boring, so this will do the trick i think.

A netbook is convenient to carry in my work bag along with the rest of the crap i've got to carry with me...:smthumbup

cheers

·
Registered
301 Posts
Its's a bit late now but i've got a vodafone dongle which is £15 a month, 3gb usage and speeds of up to 7.2mb. Mine usually gets speeds of about 2mb but seems to be a good connection.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
'3' is the only one I cannot have due to the signal being rubbish at work.

2 fella's had '3' and they ditched it.

I've got an Orange contract phone so i suppose i could ring them and see what deal they can offer.

I saw somewhere that O2 had one for a fiver per month on contract ?
The 3 network is rented from 02 on there mobile network. Hopefully its not the same for the internet otherwise you have wasted your money.

Darren

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 3 network is rented from 02 on there mobile network. Hopefully its not the same for the internet otherwise you have wasted your money.

Darren
I've gone for an Orange contract, i know this works at work as others use it with no problems at all.

cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts