Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Looks like there might be a trip to the Ring again as part of this year's Spa trackday.

Think the whole trip cost me £750-ish last year.Worth every penny though ;) :D

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Doubt if I can make Spa unfortunately, but working on a week's driving on the Ring (including Old Timers' Grand Prix) and heading back via Goodwood in June - will post up details once I know what we're doing :D

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Registered
116 Posts
Be great to tag along with a few members.

Need to lose my "ring viginity" No pun intended!

I was sorting a trip with a mate for next year but he can`t make it so probably just me and the wife.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I was planning on going out in May but this maybe on hold following a few financial set backs due to a broken EVO!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Mick429 said:
Think the whole trip cost me £750-ish last year.Worth every penny though ;) :D
Those costs sound about right Mick but how much of that was spent on the Val Dieu beer ;) :crackup:

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Penfold said:
Those costs sound about right Mick but how much of that was spent on the Val Dieu beer ;) :crackup:
Dunno mate ... stopped counting after the first night :crackup:

Mustn't forget the free strip tease that came with the beer though ... ;)

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I'd second what was said above. A great trip and worth doing.

With or wothout the strip tease :D :D :D

Mind you, i hope they get more than one bottle of brandy for the bar, as i couldn't handle that beer. Too strong. :blush: :blush:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
MR.C said:
Mind you, i hope they get more than one bottle of brandy for the bar, as i couldn't handle that beer. Too strong.
I couldn't handle the beer either Chris but just didn't know when to say no ;)

It's a fine brew though! Also doubles up as an alternative to octane boost if you run out :crackup: :crackup:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hi Everyone

As mentionned above, I confirm that there will be a ring trip along the Spa track day in May.

Here is how it stands at the moment.

Sunday: Ring public day (8 AM till 7:30 PM)
Monday: Ring public day (8 AM till 7:30 PM)
Tuesday: Spa GP track day

As an alternative to one of the ring days (probably Monday) we will also organise a driver training day.

So things could look like this
Sunday: ring
Monday: training day (or ring again for the addicts!)
Tuesday: Spa GP track day

The details for the training day are not yet finalized but rest assured that the goal is for you to learn something about driving, about your car and most importantly have loads of fun.

Cheers
Greg

PS: As for brandy at the bar I will look in to it right away :D

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Sounds good Greg :D

Is the driver training going to be in Germany too? Seem to remember Daniel saying he had a school close to the Ring.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hi Mick

At this stage we are looking (with Daniel :D) at venues near Spa (30 minutes max), there are 2 suitable places, we just need to decide which one ;)

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Greg said:
Hi Mick

At this stage we are looking (with Daniel :D) at venues near Spa (30 minutes max), there are 2 suitable places, we just need to decide which one ;)
:D :D :D

Looking forward to more details ...

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
ring x spa

would like to do the ring x spa,would ike some details on best way to get there,would be going from leeds in yorkshire,advice on a decent map to buy,general things to know and watch out for,yes another ring virgin, need to know about accomodation as i need wheelchair access, do i need to be a mlr paid up member to take part,thanks chris and jill,

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hi Chris and Jill,

This is an MLR lead event but it is not restricted to MLR members (paid or not) as it is open to anyone.

We have just released the 2007 calendar and more details will follow.

The MLR will provide option for accomodation as well as crossing tips and driving instructions later on. So stay tuned more info in the next few weeks.

Greg

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Greg said:
Hi Mick

Hopefully not the local supermarket car park :crackup: :crackup:

Oh and thanks for looking into the brandy situation, was thinking of bringing my own bottle this time, just in case. :D

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
MR.C said:
Hopefully not the local supermarket car :D
I can just imagine the looks on the faces of the local chavs after watching Daniel do his stuff for a couple of minutes :eek: :crackup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts