Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
****Important Info Event Cancelled****

Info Below from Darin

After a great first event at Castle Combe last month with the usual positive feedback and lots of comments from everyone looking forward to Oulton Park, we've all been disappointed to see so few bookings for the second round at Oulton.

Even after the reminder I posted here and on FB which worked so well for Castle Combe, we only saw a few more entries (14 in total) so it was clear and regrettable we weren't going reach the required number by tomorrow's deadline to run the sprint.

I spoke to MSV on Thursday and they were equally surprised but understand the event isn't the same as a trackday and simply won't work with so few cars, so they've kindly allowed me to cancel the event.

It's only the second time in 11 years of the Sprint Series I've had to cancel an event (and also only the second event in 20 years of the MLR!) but I just wish I knew why we didn't get the bookings. I know Oulton rally circuit is a marmite venue but it has always been popular - until now!

All bookings will be refunded or carried forward so no one will lose any money, so for everyone who's booked please let me know which option you'd prefer.

Let's look ahead though and keep positive . . . the next round at Cadwell Park on Sunday 27 August is the biggest circuit in the Series and was the busiest event of 2016 with over 70 cars.

It not only follows the MLR Cadwell Park trackday on Saturday 26th but the weekend also hosts the first ever Evo Festival and Mitsubishi Owners Day which is free for everyone to enter, so will be a great weekend for everyone, whether driving, being a passenger or just spectating

The MLR Sprint Series is back at Oulton Park this year on Saturday 15th July 2017.

Hoping to have free entry to this event for MLR members as in previous years but will finalise with Darin and Mechelle and let you know asap.

This is always a well turned out event and a fantastic day's racing with plenty of MLR and 22b action on the Rally Track and this year the Bikes are in action on the main track should you wish to take a closer look. So get your names down and support the MLR.

This event takes place the week before our TUNERFEST meet so two weeks on the bounce can't be bad.

We will be meeting at our usual meeting point for a convoy into Oulton Park.
Here are the details you need to know:

MLR Sprint Series

Date: Saturday 15th July 2017

Meeting Point: Lymm Services, Junction 20, M6.

Time: 8.30am departing at 9,00am. Arriving at Oulton Park for 9.30am should anyone want to meet at the main entrance.

Many thanks for your support:

Attendance list:

1. Cardsharky
2. chiz
3. Dereksti
4. AlexGJ248
5. Speights Awaiting confirmation.
6. evobull Awaiting confirmation.
7. AndyF RSX Awaiting confirmation.
8. Medium

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I might struggle with this one because A, it's the wife's birthday and B, were at an evening do at a wedding ☹ What time does it start and finish just incase I'm feeling a bit crazy?

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I might struggle with this one because A, it's the wife's birthday and B, were at an evening do at a wedding ☹ What time does it start and finish just incase I'm feeling a bit crazy?
Go on I dare you. Might be pushing your luck a bit though.:mhihi:

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTTT.
Will be with us before you know it so come on guy's get your names down. Surely there's more NW guy's out there and it's right on our doorstep and a cracking day out.:smthumbup

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.