Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, we are in the process of making a Carbon Goodies style Evo 5-6 bonnet.

I have some ideas for the design already but if anybody has any thoughts on what they would like to see from a different style carbon bonnet, feel free to give some input.

What are your thoughts on keeping the naca duct? I was considering doing one without but again I'm open to ideas.

They will be UK manufactured too so we will finally have a reliable supply of them going forward.

We are doing an OEM one to start with whiich hopefully shouldn't take too long to do.

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
IF I were interested in one. I would want an OEM shape one initially.

What kind of ball park price are you thinking for the above?

Saying that I guess that an inlet (similar to the NACA) further forward to channel air into a car where the battery relocation/swap for the air filter had been done would be useful too.

Inlets both sides similar to what Rob2.2 has on his VI would look cool as well. (Check out his thread for pics of that)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IF I were interested in one. I would want an OEM shape one initially.

What kind of ball park price are you thinking for the above?

Saying that I guess that an inlet (similar to the NACA) further forward to channel air into a car where the battery relocation/swap for the air filter had been done would be useful too.

Inlets both sides similar to what Rob2.2 has on his VI would look cool as well. (Check out his thread for pics of that)
Prices have to be decided yet but we are looking in the region of 拢750-拢795 ish.

I'll check out those photos of the inlet. We were possibly looking at doing 2 inlets at the front and installing an airbox behind to channel air to the aftermarket position for the air filter. We will have to do more R&D to see if this is possible but it was an idea we talked about.

acting daft since 1969
So what is wrong with having a NACA duct and fitting this underneath?
that airbox was designed to run with a safari snorkal drawing air from the top of the windscreen ,to stop bust and water getting in ,removing it didnt affect the engine pefromance once removed so it stayed :smthumbup

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
that airbox was designed to run with a safari snorkal drawing air from the top of the windscreen ,to stop bust and water getting in ,removing it didnt affect the engine pefromance once removed so it stayed :smthumbup
What like this tarmac Spec one? They were a standard fit on all the Group A cars. SO are you saying they were orignally designed for that then just left on? If so when were they 'invented' 1998 safari for the IV? I have learned someting new if that is true.
Apologies to Grants for borrowing another shot :crackup:

Anyway IF carbon goodies start making them I'd buy one.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts