Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome back to the MLR Forum and thankyou for your patience over the past week.

We apologise for any inconvenience this temporary closure may have caused, but in light of numerous recent postings which contradicted the MLR Terms of Agreement, decisive action needed to be taken to maintain the quality of the board – something which has been confirmed by the large number of your emails we’ve received voicing personal support, all of which have been replied to individually.

The MLR Forum has been created for the benefit of all it’s users via constructive and informative postings. We welcome everyone who can contribute to the board, and encourage both good and bad experiences to be aired – all we ask is they’re written with consideration to others, and follow the ToA.

Please note that new Moderators are being appointed to monitor the Forum, but everyone can help us maintain the quality we all want by highlighting to a Moderator or any of the people shown below, postings they find offensive or fail to meet the ToA.

Thanks again for your support.

Darin Frow, Chairman

Brian Stubbings, PR

Dom Bolton, Webmaster

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The days havn't been the same this last week ,glad to see it back ,and will try to stay on the planet whilst posting messages.Yippeeee!!:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scoobymike,

Those So3s are pretty sh!te after having them a week :D very soft when warmed up and right about steering correction .Stiil great grip though,perhaps will get better when tread wears down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all , As you say it feels like coming home,and its British God Save The Queen and all Lancer owners,well most Lancer owners !!!!

Regards Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zippy and everyone else,
You can contact Darin, Brian, Dom, or myself (email above), if you have anything you want to bring to the moderators attention. Unfortunately we don't get to see everything (I do try my best though ;)) and do rely on people letting us know about any infringements of the ToA. As Darin says there are some more moderators being appointed so it should make matters easier.
You did make a good point though, I think we could do with a listing of the moderator emails as currently nobody knows who to contact. Perhaps they could be added at the bottom of the Terms of Agreement page. I will pass this idea on to Darin/Dom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Zippy,

I knew someone would ask me that!! The list of names is currently being finalised, but for the time being please email me ([email protected]) direct. Does this mean we'll now have 'stealth moderators'???! :)

Col,

Good idea listing the Moderators on the ToA page - should be linked too which'll help.

Cheers,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again for your support (qoute by darin)

????????

What support?

Lots of people have moved over to the lancerforum already

Darin, something very serious must have happend for you to close this forum overnight.

WHAT HAS HAPPEND? WHO WAS OR FELT ATTACKED?

We must know, for if not, you might close again for ?????????? reason.
Lots of people spend lots of time on this forum. You have to take you responsibility and explain to us what caused youre decision.

Now you playing nice weather |EQU| Nothing has happend. But lots of things have happend.

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes! I agree with Andre! So why exactly had it been closed down???????

To me, the MLR has lost its appeal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also missed the problem as I have been out of action for the last week, however I am sure that Darin had good reason to close the forum. It has happened on other BBS's so I guess it was only time before it came here. Lets hope we can get back to normal and enjoy the thing we all like.

Rgds Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys

The bottom line was that there was a very personal and inaccurate attack ona leading figure in the Evo trade . This was combined with inaccurate and/or deliberately misleading information about tuners. There was also foul and abusive language. Although I believe that there were no requests from the outside to close the forum, the guys closed it to give us all a breathing space.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Simon,I dont feel it will help the current situation by going over old ground,its time to move on ,let it be,

Regards Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
André and N.Ring,

Even though I basically agree with your comments, experience on other forums has proven that discussions on the reasons and justification of actions taken by forum moderators, only lead to lengthy discussions that result in the conclusion that people agree they disagree and possibly some mud slinging.
Let's cut the moderators some slack and at least agree that even though we don't agree with their action in this case (not without knowing the exact reasons) their efforts in general to maintain this forum are much appreciated and there is no harm in telling them this now and again.
So let's end this here and now and let's go on with our hobby.

René

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Barry

I totally agree with you which is why I did not mention any names of those who did the postings or the names of the people and companies attacked. However, I think it is essentual to the future of this forum that the people who do not know why it was closed are told, so that we don't go down that slippery slope again.

I belive that personal attacks and false and inaccurate postings need to be stamped out and if people were unaware that is why the forum was closed they need to be told. We have a great forum that both fosters friendship and the transfer of knowledge and we need to do all we can to preserve that. I, for one, will be trying not to get involved in such debates again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Simon,my final word on this matter,lets leave the telling to Darin and the commitee members,Its there call,based on their judgement not ours.They need to follow a policy where they are all singing from the same hym sheet,any loose canon comments from us could effect any direction they have decided to follow.It is not up to us to take it upon ourselves to educate anyone that decision should rest with them.

Im sure there has been enough said to appease the Tuner in question ,as I said lets move on.

Regards Barry:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts