Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking....

Why doesn't the MLR get affiliated with some good bodyshops around the country?

Evo's must have quite a few bits resprayed with the way they're used and the fact that their block shape makes them a magnet to stone chips.

Was just thinking that it would be nice to have some known bodyshops that you can trust as their work on Evos has been approved by the MLR.

You never know.... they also might give a nice little MLR memberhip discount. :D

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Hybrid Motorsport ......... owned by disco dave on here. Excellent service and he gives discounts to MLR peeps.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Steve Walker in Bathgate for the Scottish peeps. The guy is a genius, and very keenly priced to. Can't recommend him highly enough.

:)

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Stewart Roden Motors - another one for the Scots lads, just outside Winchburgh. Approved by Porsche, good price, excellent job.

:)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
this is a good idea, had my fingers burnt by bodyshops in the past :rolleyes:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Come on now...

Anyone who thinks this sort of thing is a good idea chuck your name in and maybe it'll give the MLR bosses something to think about. :type:

·
Registered
210 Posts
;) Rob has his own bodyshop, if anyone is in the Lincolnshire area. He has sprayed alot of the cars in the club. Pugsy and his son have both had there cars done by Rob (body kits fitted and cars sprayed)
R & R AUTO REFINISHING (01522 589480)

·
Registered
381 Posts
give me a shout if anyone wants there car painting etc, i work for a porsche approved bodyshop in luton, we do turn out very good work i have to say, then again you have to coz the porsche owners tend to have very high standards! im sure i could sort out a discounted rate for mlr members?

cheers,

david.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
sarge said:
A&A Accident Repair Centre LTD
South Wales
I am a director/partner of the above,if anybody in our area wants any work done they will be well taken care of.
Thanks Andrew

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
I can't see it working to be honest, if a bodyshop is taken over or in fact they've just had a good run of work recently and then they start f*cking up people's cars left, right and centre. Who are you going to blame?

Partly the MLR because they indirectly recommended the body shop to begin with by being affiliated with them. :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But then surely that's the same us being affiliated with an insurance company... which we are?

Pace Ward are top blokes, but your arguement stands the same there.

For example..... I think anyone having work done on their car through an insurance claim would rather have a decent recomendation than just take any old rubbish bodyshop suggested by the insurance company just because you don't know who else to use. Am I wrong?

I haven't thought too much about the logistics as yet, but perhaps if we had a direct contact at the said bodyshop, then we would be able to contact them and therefore know that the same people are running the show.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Sorry nope, Pace Ward are paying advertisers and majority of stuff you hear about them (good and bad) are from other members of this forum. If a bodyshop wants to be affiliated with the MLR then they should pay to advertise like everybody else? Just a thought.

Mark

grale22 said:
But then surely that's the same us being affiliated with an insurance company... which we are?

Pace Ward are top blokes, but your arguement stands the same there.

For example..... I think anyone having work done on their car through an insurance claim would rather have a decent recomendation than just take any old rubbish bodyshop suggested by the insurance company just because you don't know who else to use. Am I wrong?

I haven't thought too much about the logistics as yet, but perhaps if we had a direct contact at the said bodyshop, then we would be able to contact them and therefore know that the same people are running the show.

·
shaun
1,256 Posts
if you are in the east sussex area! R&S MOTORS in seaford,01323 898230,ron and steve,been in the business for 30 yrs + they have a very good name,proper equipment,oven,jig etc,proper guys,proper job! for quality of work ask reims/croz!

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
seahavenmotorsport said:
if you are in the east sussex area! R&S MOTORS in seaford,01323 898230,ron and steve,been in the business for 30 yrs + they have a very good name,proper equipment,oven,jig etc,proper guys,proper job! for quality of work ask reims/croz!
I second that, very very good work :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GlobalGB,

I appreciate what you're saying here and you have a good point..... but I do think there's slightly more to it. I'm just running through ideas, so please come back on this....

I think Pace Ward are affiliated with us as it's in their interest. We are a group of owners whose policies are likely to be worth considerable sums of money compared to other types of car. As they put the effort in to source the good prices they get, it gives them a lucrative market with very little competition as very few insurers can quote competitively. It's good for them, and their prices are good for us surely?

With a bodyshop, they pretty much quote the same for any car, so they couldn't really care less if they were affiliated with the mlr. It'd be more in their interests to be affiliated to the Fiesta owners club if you see what I mean. They work on quantity of vehicles I guess and there just aren't that many evo owners (except 260s - as everyone's got one :moon: ).

I think good bodyshops are something we need a lot more than they need us, so why would they pay to advertise.... and paying for an advertisement doesn't make you good necessarily anyway!!

And. :hammer:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts