Lancer Register Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good idea, and yes we will have the M.A.D. professor with us ;) he can't resist a good track day.

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
just a quick one....

How many laps...on average are we looking at approx.?

i'm also about to order my pagid RS14s but i don't use the car that much and am afraid i will not have enough time to properly bed them in.... i have Endless blues on at the mo with a about 5-8mm left on the pads.

shall i change them before or after?

Also going to change the engine oil and fillter. Any recomendations? i would have got it from Justin but he advised the shiping would be very expensive so i'm looking at buying locally.....

cheers

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Colie, you can run the pads in on the track, I do :D

I would put fresh meat on the pads, or just bring your new pads with you, burn up your old ones, and fit them there... if you slip me a tenner my mechanic will do it 4 you :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Blade,

if your serious about slipping you a tenner (hopefully we are talking money;)), and fitting the pads up at castle coombe that would be great:D.

Mine is an E4 though...would that make a differance?.....

And i would watch and learn...both the fitting and your driving....as it will be my first track day...(sounds like i'm a real sucker upper doesn't it! :(..i'm not....just really appreciate some honest help:)).

Cheers mate...

Colie

ps.

Oh .........My.........God........;)

And do i really have to take off my HKS SSQV for the day?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
He he - no probs.

If things go well, I will let you out with Russ, my mechanic |PLS| instructor - he is ace (and was driving in the video at Cadwell). Leave your SQV on unless they complain - I have run with the SQV no probs there before, but watch your exhaust noise! There is extra silencing available locally though.

You may need to lift off near the noise sensors (not positive where they are). Combe is an easy track, but quite fast in places - power circuit 4 sure, though the chicanes balance things out a little. Like it though, top track.

Pads are easy to fit. Worth getting hold of some Copperslip though. Russ will be pleased, booking him out for work already :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Blade,

Thanks.

really appreciated....i'll remember the Copperslip.....

if i can get out with you or Russ would be great also.

still got the OEM exhaust though:(...but time will change that..:)

Thanks again.......from a beginner...with potential of course;) (at what i'm not quite sure yet!!!)

Colie...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi Tony

Good idea to all go up together, look forward to seeing the car on Gems although I'll struggle to keep up now :(

What sort of lap times you doing at C/C out of interest, presumably sub 1.20's with your power.

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Kev, only done CC once - and in my very early days when I was still working out what an Apex was! So no lap times yet.

GEMS went on today, still too early to say exactly how it is, and the car is still in the garage having other stuff done - BUT - it was ballistic, tad scary in places!

Haven't experienced torque steer on a evo before!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Blade, would you mind if I put my portable GPS data logger in your car on the track day, obviously it can't give out lap times ( as this is a non competitive day out), but when downloaded, it will give back your max speed on straight, braking distance before bend, slowest speed at hairpins etc, which you might find usefull reading later on, especially if compared to any other interested user.
still up for Reading convoy?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Had a few Emails from others who want to rent GPS data logging gear of us for this track day, so the top speed/ altitude/ direction/distance data should make intresting reading, in comparison graph form, between different top cars, but it would be useful to have owners coments to be included for each lap ie:
bit slow on that lap due to catching slower car,
ran out of fuel,
started raining!etc
or/ and:
remembered to press boost button this time,
didnt have fat passenger,
was my mate/ mechanic driving not me this time,
had mellow catch me in his scooby so drove faster than ever to keep infront, etc.

any one know how they do the virtual spectator graphics on the WRC channel 4. I have the data, but I need to present it intrestingly!
RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Splodge - love to try the GPS stuff. Reading convoy still on... what time shall we meet....? I am at J12.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Tony/ Southern possy:
is there to be a pub eve before meet in twyford or somewhere comunal? sort of a Haywian goes south type affair?. dont know Darrins start timing yet, but i guess 7 o'clock @ Reading services.
any luck with exhaust manifold sleeving yet?
not had any resonse from powerpoint/ xcell graphic programmers yet to animate your track data loggs, do you have connections in this direction?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Loads of pubs in Twyford, but that is in the oppo direction to coombe!

7 sounds a bit early! It only takes 40 minutes to get to coombe from Reading, and it is an 8.30 start, no? I would say 7.30 is early enough.

I will go up to J11 to comed down to the services (but only because it is you :D)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Shiny,

also noticed, jsut after my son put on the 'Mistsubushi Lancer story' and said when i get older i'm gonna have an evo.. (bless his heart!:)), that a lot of the track coverage is at Castle Coombe with the MLR!:D

Anywho,

Blade,

are you still ok with getting Russ to fit my pagids for me?

and do you think it would be better if i refitted my harder normal size springs (as opposed to my lowered slightly softer ones)?

Cheers

Colie

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.