Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know - we haven't been to Cadwell Park yet, but I'm now adding people to the reserve list on a daily basis and I don't want to be doing the same for MLR peeps at the first full-on trackday we've done at Castle Combe!

The day itself has the usual attractions that you'd expect; open pit lane and free instruction all day, Silverline tyre co. and SNAP photography onsite, and the numbers are restricted to 60 cars so you can have the best day possible . . . all you have to do is book!

Price is only £139 for MLR members (£35 per extra driver and amp; £5 passenger and spectators are free - you know it off by heart now I know!) Please make cheques payable to Trackstar and send to 29 Wheelers Road, Midsomer Norton, Bath, BA3 2BX . . . and of course you can book at Cadwell!!

Cheers,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris, Lee

Yep - spectating is totally free . . . but if you fancy jumping in a passenger seat during the day it's only a fiver (although you'll need a helmet!)

Dave,

Your name's on the list - you're definitely coming in!! See you at Cadwell :)

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'M ALLOWED...YIPPEE...
MY FIRST TRACK DAY....
My dad, bless him, has said i'm to stop being stupid and grow up!;)

think of my wife and un born child....

Darin,

Cheque is in the post...lowered springs on m E4(i do lourve my car:))....ready for some laps at Castle Coombe!

Hope to see some of you there!

emmm......as it,s my first track day guys and girls...any suggestions:D?

oh ...i might have to bring my wife......won't hurt will it?:(

Later

Colie

PS

My friend may be able to bring His Porch.......i said that will be fine as long as he supplies the wine to drink on it...;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stud, see you there.

Recommend you get fully serviced before you go, ensure oil levels are to the max and that you have sufficent tyre and pad material 4 the day.

Tyre pressures are important, but seek me out on the day for more advice - don't forget your helmet! Driving gloves are a great help IMHO.

Get a copy of the Circuit Guide and read up on the track too - and take some tuition or at least go out with someone experienced.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blade,

Where do i get a copy of the circuit guide before the day....
and when you say fully serviced...emmmm....what exactly do you mean.( i'd try and do most myself if possible...i'm not a mechanic but i'm learning ...again.... after many years break!)

is it hard to get tuition on the day ..i mean it must be busy and who are the tutors?..and how come its free?

If i'm asking too many questions jsut tell me to shut up;)..

Cheers

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I notice the noise limit for Cadwell is 105 db, that should be ok for everyone in modified cars, but the regs for castle coombe say only 100db limit, will Blades car, or any others with external wastegate/ roarty exhausts get thrown out after only a few laps round?
Whos checking, were there any problems last year?
Is there a general meet hotel arranged for the night before?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Colie,

Look forward to seeing you there - but to answer you questions;

Instructors: Mark, Graeme and Charlotte will all be at Castle Combe to help / advise / guide anyone who would like tuition on the day, and with a max.of 60 cars attending you should be able to get as much tuition as you'd like. It's free because I believe it should be, but if the circuits start getting any more expensive then we may have to look at this - but that's 2003 at the earliest.

Circuit Guide: call 0870 2000 910 for your copy. They are still £29.99 (|PLS|p and amp;p) but is invaluable if you want to learn about all 18 UK circuits - including Rockingham (and we're there on September 20th!!)

Servicing: The best thing you can do for your car before taking it on the circuit is to ensure that ALL fluid levels and 'service items' are at their optimum, as it's going to get much harder use there than it ever would on the road (or I hope so!!). So an oil change, fluid check (hydrualics, radiator etc) are at the top of the list, along with a brake pad and tyre check. Tyre pressures should also be increased but different people have different preferences, so pick Blade's brains on this one! Silverline International will be at all MLR and amp; Trackstar days this year so all tyre problems should be rectifiable on the day :)

Information pack: Everyone who books receives an information pack detailing virtually every aspect of the day, but if you have any further questions you can always ring me, email me or post here!

Mellow,

No probs mate....see you at Cadwell.

Rog,

No problems at the Supercar Day last year, but everyone will be statically noise tested before going on the circuit (1/2m from the exhaust @ 4500rpm). Evo's and Scoobies (even those with aftermarket exhausts) don't normally have a problem, but Blade and Simon Norris are both aware the external wastegate is a Castle Combe no-no!! :D

Cheers,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So i'll have to my standard OEM BOV back on? bummer:((...guess there is no one to creep up and get them jumping in the ditches anyway;))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My external wastegate is plumbed into the zorst now, so is nice|PLS|quiet!

With the blitz insert, it is around 97db at 5200rpm at 1m, so should be fine. I may well get an additional supertrap silencer just in case, but it isn't noisier than a standard car with a blitz and decat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With virtually one month to go a quick reminder to let you know there are still some places available for the Castle Combe trackday on 3rd May - although places WILL BE restricted to the first 60 cars only.

The vast majority of cars booked so far are Evo's (including a couple of infamous ones! :D), a couple of Lancer Turbo's and Skylines, an M3, Cerbera, Esprit and the compulsory Caterham :) so with such a great selection of cars the day already promises to be fantastic.

Please send your booking asap to avoid any disappointments to the address at the start of this thread, and although I'm going to be away for the first 2 weeks of April they will be dealt with in my absence. Any questions please post here and I'll reply to all of them on my return.

Cheers,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't wait, great circuit with some nice quick bits :) Look forward to seeing you all there, anyone want a passenger ride just find me on the day :)

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Steve,
Got it yesterday! I knew you'd be there :) Info and indemnities on their way back to you.

Kev,
REALLY looking forward to seeing you and Dave 'Three Wheels' Drabble play follow-the-leader again!! :D:D

Everyone,
I'm going to be out of the country for two weeks (in 8 hours time :D) but all post will be dealt with in my absence so you should receive confirmation without me even getting involved. Ain't delegation great (fingers and other extremities crossed it works!)

Please continue to post any questions here, and if I get a chance to visit an Internet cafe I might be tempted to login!

Happy Holidays!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kev, is there going to be a Maidenhead early morning convoy down the M4 ( suggest meet at Reading services for South mimms possy), is sparky mark comming?
RogerRally

1 - 20 of 46 Posts