Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where a car has two turbos listed, the top turbo is standard, the second was an optional extra.

I'm confident that the materials, turbo codes and models are accurate, but some of the serial numbers have conflicting information from various sources, so the VII and later serial numbers may be a bit jumbled. I'm not sure what the serial number is for the VII GT-A turbo?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
good post that :thumbup:

It should be made into a sticky, so as to access it easily for reference.

Marios

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great List and initiative, but what about the Evo 7 GT-A? I think it is TD05H-15GK2-9.0T. Same Compressor and design as VI TME but smaller hotside like the Evo IV. Also I believe the code for the Stock Evo X turbo is TD05H-152G6-12T. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be included but I just noticed they're not on the list.

Regards,

Ron.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great List and initiative, but what about the Evo 7 GT-A? I think it is TD05H-15GK2-9.0T. Same Compressor and design as VI TME but smaller hotside like the Evo IV. Also I believe the code for the Stock Evo X turbo is TD05H-152G6-12T. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be included but I just noticed they're not on the list.

Regards,

Ron.
Also the serial number for the Evo X Turbo is 49378-01641
Thanks, I'll add the information on the VII GT-A and X turbo(s?) when I get a chance.

Does anyone have any information on the turbo fitted to the X RS?

I have the compressor inlet diameters for all the turbos somewhere as well so I'll add them too. :smthumbup

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
You're a sad sad man, but you provide a great service for hopeless lazy farts like me.

Keep up the good work :smthumbup

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Regards,

Ron.
Just looked into it and the standard Evo X GSR comes with a titanium aluminide turbine wheel, so the standard code is:

TD05HA-152G6-12T

The optional turbo has the inconel turbine wheel, so has the code you posted. :smthumbup

>>SOURCE<<

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just looked into it and the standard Evo X GSR comes with a titanium aluminide turbine wheel, so the standard code is:

TD05HA-152G6-12T
Depends on domestic market.Plenty examples with turbo differences between eudm/usdm/jdm.
Eudm X/X rs are not with titanium turbochargers.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Depends on domestic market.Plenty examples with turbo differences between eudm/usdm/jdm.
Eudm X/X rs are not with titanium turbochargers.
USDM and EUDM Evo X weren't sold in the UK though and as this is primarily a UK site, I think we should stick with the JDM and UKDM versions (which are based on the JDM versions).:smthumbup

·
Registered
867 Posts
USDM and EUDM Evo X weren't sold in the UK though and as this is primarily a UK site, I think we should stick with the JDM and UKDM versions (which are based on the JDM versions).:smthumbup
Yes but thats happening also with jdm/ukdm evos.
As you saw at your link for the jdm evo X standart turbo is TD05HA-152G6-12T which is not the turbo you get at ukdm X s.The turbo you get at ukdm X s is TD05H-152G6-12T.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes but thats happening also with jdm/ukdm evos.
As you saw at your link for the jdm evo X standart turbo is TD05HA-152G6-12T which is not the turbo you get at ukdm X s.The turbo you get at ukdm X s is TD05H-152G6-12T.
According to the Mitsubishi UK website all the UK Evo X have a titanium turbine wheel, which is what the "A" in TD05HA stands for, so the UK cars have the same turbo as the standard JDM Evo X GSR. This is unsurprising, as the UK Evo X starts life as a JDM GSR, as far as I'm aware.:smthumbup

Check the menu on the left hand side for "Titanium Turbo"

>>SOURCE<<

·
Registered
867 Posts
According to the Mitsubishi UK website all the UK Evo X have a titanium turbine wheel, which is what the "A" in TD05HA stands for, so the UK cars have the same turbo as the standard JDM Evo X GSR. This is unsurprising, as the UK Evo X starts life as a JDM GSR, as far as I'm aware.:smthumbup

Check the menu on the left hand side for "Titanium Turbo"

>>SOURCE<<
are you sure that ukdm X s have TD05HA turbos? I ve different information from friends in uk with ukdm evo X s.
Some traders (indigo-gt/matt trl/nigels)would be very informative to confirm this

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what it says on the UK Mitsubishi site that I linked - all of the FQ models come with the TD05HA turbos.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just seen a 260 turbo (single flapper 9.8T) with the code 01540, will update the table when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
Wow, reading this has lost me completely now.

As it seems the MR and Evo6 Turbo have the same code?

So would an MR turbo NOT be an upgrade for the VI then?

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The "code" simply describes the core/compressor/turbine size, direction of flow and materials - but there's more to a turbo than that.

In the case of the VI vs VIII MR turbo, there isn't much difference between them. The only difference that I'm aware of is the single flap wastegate arrangement on the VIII MR turbo compared to the dual flap wastegate arrangement on the VI turbo.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Would I be right in thinking my brother VI RSX has the same turbo as a RS then.

The turbo has a horrible whine and he one of those guys that like to have the correct turbos as the car is totally standard...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts