Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. New member here from Trinidad, West Indies. Just checkin out if any of the members have or know of any modified Lancer wagons in existence and what model type and performance parts used. Thanks..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wasn't there talk of an Evo VII wagon (estate) wagon some while ago. I'm sure I saw a picy somewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Siko..not sure of that..maybe somebody wisened up and tried gettin this wagon thing going..but what about previous models? what i'm interested in is basically finding the best package for my age/model vehicle..the body is strong as hell and has excellent handling as is...stock..
modification may involve locatin new mounts and harnesses etc...any ideas on evo's 1,2 or 3 ability to link properly within this body frame..or should i stick to a simple engine upgrade 1.4 to 1.8/2.0 .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Brian,

There's a 1.8 turbo 4wd Lancer wagon called the Libero GT/RS (CD5W). I think it has much the same running gear as the 1800 GSR, i've seen some with the full EvoIII running gear (The ultimate sleeper!!:D). As for modding your wagon, well as it's only FWD the 1.8/20 turbos might be too much power on the FWD gearbox. The 1.6 MIVEC engine would be a good comprimise and with 175bhp standard it's a big jump up from the weedy 1.4 you already have;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey GSRed MKII,

thanks for the info. i am familiar with the Liberos. there are quite a few down here. yes my wagon smokes some good trini weed but it can do some pretty good runs. i am more curious about ur MIVEC suggestion. these are the types used in the FTO's and the 1.6 is pretty good i hear. i'll also got an offer recently to slap in a Libero 1.6 twin cam...being a FWD i dont think its gonna be a problem...i plan to change both the engine and transmission one time. i would have preferred a gear box..these are hard to come about down here (conversions are difficult due to the lack of whole kits) i presently have an auto transmission and i'm on my fifth one....it's being changed now as we speak...is it the jobs being done or just my driving..i'm not sure..but i guess changin gears as often as i do can lead to premature damage. a INVEC system (sportronic version) would be preferred and these come with the MIVECS i believe...please let on any more info u have on locating these parts..and price ranges ..

PS ...when i'm done with this wagon here...maybe we can graduate to smokin some english weed ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts