Lancer Register Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I gave up trying to finish my car in time for the event. When I was making the exhaust system I felt like the time limit started to effect the quality of the work I did. So I decided to stop because its not fun to build something that your not happy with even if it works. I have also decided to rebuild the fuel system some more, with a catchtank, bosch pumps etc. More info on this next week.

Some photos with the engine in place.

I did help a friend finish his Nissan s14 in time for the event. I have built his rollcage, exhaust manifold, head work and some more work. We finished the car at midnight 25/7 so he could run the kinnekulle Ring event on the 26 :)

Here some photos of it:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Have done som more work on the car.

New fuelsystem is done, 255 walbro as lift pump to a swirlpot, dual bosch pumps from swirlpot to engine. New fuellines an8 feed and an6 return.

I had a new ignation coil system ready(4 vag coils) but then I found out that my PNP autronic cant adjust dwell time. And the coils are 2,5ms, so now I have to get new coils again :(

I have also started to assemble the car, finished up the harnesses etc in the car so I could start putting the dash and seats in. Then I fitted the doors, front fenders and test fitted the front spoiler. I will need to do some cutting in the front to make room for the IC piping. Then it will get some new paint :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi

I gave up trying to finish my car in time for the event. When I was making the exhaust system I felt like the time limit started to effect the quality of the work I did. So I decided to stop because its not fun to build something that your not happy with even if it works. [/IMG]
Couldn't agree more as I have done that " once ".... Total fasle economy :smthumbdo

Wow, nearly there ....
Loving your thread mate, appears you have aquired ALL the skills you need :smthumbup
Sure wish I could get things done as fast as you ....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hi

Couldn't agree more as I have done that " once ".... Total fasle economy :smthumbdo

Wow, nearly there ....
Loving your thread mate, appears you have aquired ALL the skills you need :smthumbup
Sure wish I could get things done as fast as you ....
Hi,

It feels so much better when you know that it is as good as you can do it. Im not saying that im trying to make it perfect but I want it to be as good as I can make it.

Yes, its starting to look like a car again, will be nice to try to start it soon:)

Thanks! Still learning :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Radiator, innerfenders, ac fan to cool the radiator and some other parts is now in place.

I finished up the welding on the exhaust system, just need one more bracket and to build the pipe from the wastegate to the exhaust. I have started with how the wg pipe will go into the exhaust. I hope to have the complete dp done during next weekend.

Here some photos!

And a bonus photo of my faithful friend, imported from the streets of Irland :smthumbup

·
Registered
525 Posts
Brilliant thread mate, a pleasure to read :smthumbup

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Thanks Andy!

I dident get the piping for the wg pipe before the weekend so today I made a new cold ic pipe. I sold the other one to a IV driver a few month ago. Dont mind the diffrent colour hoses, I will get new once as soon as the car is done :)

Fuel catch tank in the trunk.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Made some progress this weekend. First I bought a used Ralliart front and a torsen center diff, I also got a few driveshafts, wheel bearings etc. So now I have some spare parts in case of failure :)

I finished the downpipe and the exhaust and dp is fitted to the car.
Then I cut and welded a 4" pipe for the airfilter to turbo.
I have bolted on the brakes, brakelines, oil cooler and some other parts. I measured how long oil cooler lines I need so I can get this made during the week.

I have done the wiring for the fuelpumps in the trunk. I also Filled up the transmission with redline oil.

I hope to get the fuel injectors, ignition coils etc soon because its getting closer to start up :)

The pump I use to fill transmission oil. My dad had a Gulf gas station back in the 70th.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I got tired of waiting for the bolt on TB from USA so I decided to build my own intake plenum. And use wich ever TB I can get my hand on :)

Work started, will post more pictures once its done.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey ....

Just loving it :smthumbup

Your a man of many tallents of which I wish I had !

CheeRS .... Del

61 - 80 of 99 Posts