Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In December Banzai mag, the one with RC's 385 Mak in it the Mitsubishi advert on page 39 has a list of advantages in using your Mitsi dealer for servicing. One of the items says it offers grey import owners a Genuine Mitsubishi Grey Import Warranty .

Any ideas what they mean by this, are they offering a Mitsi warranty on a second hand grey if they sell it to you or what?

I will try and find out from Mitsi but just wondered if anyone already knows.

Dave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dave

Well spotted mate, keep us all informed on how you get on as a Mitsi warranty on a grey would help me big style.....

cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey i have just noticed something special!!:):):)

I have just got my 2nd STAR!!!!! TOP BANANA........!!!:):):)

(nothing like getting over excited)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have e mailed them and asked for an explanation as to what exactly is meant by the statement in the ad.

I will keep you all posted.

Dave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at a grey silver 5 a while ago and they offered one of those red zebra or whatever its called warranty for a year.

Dont think it covers wheels, brakes, steering, suspension, Engine, drivetrain or paint though.

Cheers
Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had a reply and have sent another e mail with two more important questions for them.

Will keep you all informed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I bought a warranty privately from Mitsubishi for my grey import about 8 months ago. It is not the same as the Red Zebra one as I think that one is more comprehensive.
It doesn't exactly cover as much as I would like, it names the EXACT components it does cover (the main mechanicals really) and there is a maximum £2500 claim limit in total for the life of the policy. Cost was about £450 for a year. It has saved me over £500 above the cost of the warranty already so I ain't complaining ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well mine definitely covers the engine and drivetrain (well named components in the engine and drivetrain) it doesn't cover the wheels or paint as for the rest I will have to look. Then again it doesn't mention the gearbox but I got that sorted under the warranty so figure that one out?

Icha was talking about the Red Zebra Warranty which Mitsubishi supply on Evo's they sell second hand. As far as I know it is more comprehensive than the the Mitsubishi Warranty that you can buy privately. I would be very surprised at any warranty that doesn't cover the Engine, all the ones I have seen do, transmission is a different story though.

If anyone wants a scan of the pages on what it covers then let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys,
I think that Icha was having a laugh.... :)
Thinking about a warranty that doesn't cover engine, drivetrain etc etc doesn't exactly leave much does it??

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ENGINE
Cylinder head and amp; gasket,valves, springs, guides,camshaft and amp; bearings,cam followers,hydraulic lifters,push rods and rocker gear,timing gears, timing chains and amp; tensioners, pistons and piston rings,cylinder liners and seals, connecting rods and small end bearings,gudgeon pins, crankshaft and bearings,oil pump and oil pump drive,distributor driveshaft,flywheel and starter motor ring gear, inlet and exhaust manifolds.(excluding oil leaks)

TRANSMISSION
Internal componets comprising crown wheel and Pinion,Diff gears and bearings,halfshaft and bearings,driveshafts,bearings and cv joints,propshaft ujs and central bearing,hubs and wheel bearings
(excluding oil leaks)

COOLING SYSTEM
Internal failure of water pump,visous coupling,radiator and expansion tank,oil cooler and heating matrix,
Excluding damage caused by frost or lack of antifreeze,clogging,sedimentation,hoses,clips or pipes.

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
internal failure of alternator and starter motor,

Claims limit is £2500 per claim

*Mechanical or electrical failure-means the sudden unforeseen failure of covered componets arising from any permanent mechanical or electrical defect,causing sudden stoppage of its function,necessitating immediate repair or replacement

*normal deterioration of componets arising solely as a result of wear and tear is not covered.

Also covered in europe for 60 days per year and includes breakdown service.

Cost Upto 450 for 12 mths
Upto 750 for 24 mths
Upto 1150 for 36 mths

Cars must be under 6 years and 60,000 miles

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep thats the baby, cheers Tony ;)

By the way just to add that the claim limit is £2500 per claim AND £2500 maximum over the life of the policy. Blow £2500 within a week of taking out a 3 year policy and thats your lot for 3 years. That's why it's best to go for the yearly renew option.

If anyone knows of a better Warranty that has nothing to do with WHA then let me know.

Andy,
You can get warranties on specific items, e.g. engine only and not much else (check out the various levels of the RAC warranty) but you are right I should have realised Lee was having a laugh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have now had the response from Mitsi UK and it is as Black Knight says.

I find the advert very misleading as it states Genuine Mitsubishi Grey Import Warranty . What is genuine Mitsubishi about a third party warranty that you could buy from any garage on the planet.

Anyone think its worth contacting the Advertising Standards Agency about the wording in the advert or is that being a bit girly?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy

You have got it bang on. It was meant to be a joke. I will have to put a smiley on the end next time.

Hands up. Who thought I was serious.

Cheers
Lee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts