Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO you need a UK FQ chassis number to purchase FQ related UKDM parts?

i.e. If I wanted an FQ-340 badge to put on my import car would I be able to buy one?

Incidentally I don't want to do that before anyone gives me both barrels for passing off a "cheap" JDM car as a warranted "USDM" car! ;)

Cheers

Ben

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
I would have thought you could just buy 1 like bodyshops do.

Jez

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would seem logical, although you need a chassis number to buy the 19" polished E46 M3 rims and associated other M3 bits from BMW.

This is apparently to stop the "try-hards" M3'ing their poverty model....

Ben

·
Registered
797 Posts
"i.e. If I wanted an FQ-340 badge to put on my import car would I be able to buy one?"

The bloody cheek of it ! :mad: Get out and spend your money you tight wad ;) :D

Seriously mate, If you need a chassis no., give me a call.

Daz

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Mitsi FQ parts.....

DarrenC said:
"i.e. If I wanted an FQ-340 badge to put on my import car would I be able to buy one?"

The bloody cheek of it ! :mad: Get out and spend your money you tight wad ;) :D

Seriously mate, If you need a chassis no., give me a call.

Daz
Actually it's so I can buy the "Evolution VIII" boot badge and modify it to get "Evolution IX"..... perhaps I haven't decided firmly yet.

Cheers for the offer,

Ben

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Already spoke to Optima who do the boot badges for CCC.. Evolution letters resprayed not a problem (get from CCC aftersales) and the IX will be 500 quid (price of the injection mould tooling) for each letter (I dont need 'I' as its part of the evolution word) then each badge 2-3 pounds thereafter. I'm negotiating with another injection moulding company to get it down to 300 quid (also designing FQ300/320/340 style badges for the side but will say EVO IX in Red).

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GlobalGB said:
Already spoke to Optima who do the boot badges for CCC.. Evolution letters resprayed not a problem (get from CCC aftersales) and the IX will be 500 quid (price of the injection mould tooling) for each letter (I dont need 'I' as its part of the evolution word) then each badge 2-3 pounds thereafter. I'm negotiating with another injection moulding company to get it down to 300 quid (also designing FQ300/320/340 style badges for the side but will say EVO IX in Red).
I'll go halves with you if you like....

Ben

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Nah its fine Ben, will keep you updated on the badges. At the moment the only issue I am having is with the side badge, due to the size they want just over a 1k for the tooling but they're useless at negotiating so what this space. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts