Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this happen to me twice today, about 15miles into my journey, standing in rush hour traffic on the Tyne Bridge of all places, my car started to miss, I couldn't give it a run through the revs because of the traffic, after about 5 mins of crawling in traffic with a miss praying it wouldn't stop, it cleared. Got to work all boost pipes ok (had to check) it did the same on the way home only for a short period of time :mad:

I had the car MOT'd on sat and put the cat back in, car was only used on sunday and today really, could it be the at that is the problem as i had it mapped without it in, or just coincidence?

Or i'm thinking coil pack/lead, recently had new ngk plugs in but over a month ago, i'm a bit worried :( :confused:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Interesting ... I've been having misfires, changed coil packs and problem not as bad but still there occasionally. Going to try swapping leads next, but I have just fitted an Apexi panel filter ...

·
Registered
611 Posts
I would check the spark plug gaps.

Not sure the recommended gap size of the top of my head, will have to consult the Mitsubishi bible. (but i think its .040" or 1mm)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Do a search for "missfire", there are a load of threads about this since December.

I went to Mark Shead last week when the problem was really bad, he reduced the plug gaps and then the problem wasn't as bad at high boost (1.5bar), he also recommended replacing coil packs, which I did and now the problem is even less but it does occasionally happen.

I'll see him sometime this week and we'll try different leads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts