Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my evo 8 in for a set of cams and a remap and since they have done it the car missfires at around 3.5k onwards undder high boost. Im guessing this could just be something simple like the boost is blowing the spark out?! I cant get to a shop to get plugs untill next friday.. Is it going to damage my engine if it keeps missfiring? And what plugs should i use? Running 417bhp and 390 ft/lb torque @ 1.7bar

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I wouldn't run it at all, if your plug tip has come off, where is it, take the plugs out and check the tips, if one is missing, get a bore scope to see if its embedded anywhere.:smthumbup

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no this doesnt sound good! As i say it runs fine on low boost.. 1.3bar its only on the high boost setting when the turbo kicks in that it missfires?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Reading your post, if it has only started since the Cams and map, take it back to whomever did the work:smthumbup

put the ownus back on them

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ye i rang them up and they said they couldnt fit it in till friday.. Just took the plugs out and number 2 and 3 cylinders plugs were loose! Really loose!! Im guessing they would have had to take the plugs out to change the cams? That could have stripped the threads couldnt it?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts