Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one help went on the dyno saturday and the car was running ok odd misfire under loads in 4/5 gear
put it on the dyno and bugger me the dam thing refused to run made 270hp 270 ftlb only the dam thing just keeped misfiring and cutting in and out . pulled the plugs out and every thing ok , then ran the car up the road and noting HELP . to night 4/5 gear the car keeps cutting in and out after 3000 rpm goes and then cuts again . cleaned today the air flow and filter checked the car over and nothing wrong . ADVICE PLEASE this car is 400hp RC car and should pull good figures but something simple stopped me on saturday

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:missfire fuel cut on the dyno

imho it sounds like fuel cuts, probably caused by a knackered wastegate actuator causing overboosting and thus fuel cuts

Regards

Umreet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a 400bhp car should not have fuel cut i don't think?

have you checked your sprak plugs your high boost may have blew the plugs.

does it go over 3000rpm at all ?

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re:missfire fuel cut

Evo 400, where did u put you SAFC? I had mine in the glove box and stuff in there screwed the settings! If you get fuel cuts you should contact RC and ask them what your air fuel ratio is and if you can lean out the hi throttle map on your car at the rpms it is cutting off.
If you get misfire, maybe the ITC has been played with or does not work correctly?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:missfire fuel cut on the dyno and n

on a fuel injected car,refusing to rev past 3k is often a blocked or restricted fuel filter ????
or sounds like plugs getting blown out with high boost

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.