Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My evo 6 has a terrible misfire around 3500-4000 rpm. I tought it could be the coils so I’ve put in a Spoolinup COP kit. It didn’t fix the problem. The problem occured right after I fueled at an unknown petrol station. Could this be due to bad fuel? I’m running non gapped BPR8ES spark plugs.

The idling issue occured right after I’ve put in a HKS short route intake and a battery relocation kit. Could this be due to disconnecting the battery? Or a bad ground.

Mod list:
HKS intake
Walbro 255 pump
Spoolinup COP kit
Battery relocation kit
Resonated decat

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Not experienced this personally, but I have heard that the evo's get idling issues when the type of air intake u mentioned is installed. So HKS offer a product called the AFR which you wire into the MAF sensor wiring and sorts the idle. I have an HKS hard intake pipe ready to install too, so will be curious to see if I actually encounter idling issues with the shorter pipe routing.

Hopefully a tuner or someone can chime in to confirm the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've been told you could run the grade 8 without gapping them when you have a spoolinup COP kit. They are new BPR8ES
Stock plugs on the 6 should be grade 7 with 0.8mm gap, for a few quid it might be worth giving them a go?? or just checking the gap on the ones you do have in currently.

It's not a lot closer. Maybe the ECU needs to learn?
Possibly, it's location could be nothing to do with it also. I guess wait and see if it improves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stock plugs on the 6 should be grade 7 with 0.8mm gap, for a few quid it might be worth giving them a go?? or just checking the gap on the ones you do have in currently.

Possibly, it's location could be nothing to do with it also. I guess wait and see if it improves.
So the BPR7ES could do the trick?

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
The problem occured right after I fueled at an unknown petrol station. Could this be due to bad fuel? I'm running non gapped BPR8ES spark plugs.

The idling issue occured right after I've put in a HKS short route intake and a battery relocation kit. Could this be due to disconnecting the battery? Or a bad ground.
What do you mean non gapped bpr8es? Them plugs need gapping with a feeler gauge or you are likely to have misfires. Gap should be somewhere between 0.55 and 0.60 and they should all be gapped the same.

If you're having idling issues after changing pipework your idle issue could be a leak so check all couplers.

Also worth doing the battery reset trick to allow the ECU to relearn idle settings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you mean non gapped bpr8es? Them plugs need gapping with a feeler gauge or you are likely to have misfires. Gap should be somewhere between 0.55 and 0.60 and they should all be gapped the same.

If you're having idling issues after changing pipework your idle issue could be a leak so check all couplers.

Also worth doing the battery reset trick to allow the ECU to relearn idle settings.

I did the rset trick. Non gapped means not changed straight out of the box

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.