Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I would be really gratefull if any one could point me in the right direction regarding my misfire. I have an E3 GSR with has a constant misfire on idle and when i drive it feels like its only running on 10% power.
If i am really really gentle with the accelerator pedal its ok as soon as i press the peddle any more it doesn't go anyware. I have changed the plugs and leads and also the coilpack.
The cat light keeps coming on too. Took the car out to try get cat up to temp to see if it will help but before i could the back box was glowing hot from the inside.

seems to be boosting ok.

any feedback would be much appreciated as its doing my head in.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sounds like ignition timing is massively retarded to me.
I'd get it get it checked pal sharpish. possible ecu fault?

Dave.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
id say cat is blocked as well if light in dash is up ,, would also explain exhaust glowing ,, i drove evo 2 home with same prob light on dash no power , turned out to be cat , hth

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
misfire will be down to coil packs or plugs as well as the red hot glowing exhaust.your o2 sensor is probably gone now as well so will need replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys for the fed back. Going to get a decat pipe on and been told to get the oxygen sensor looked at too.

Anyone got am suggestions about best way to get more power out of the engine without upping the boost to much. Would like to get a reliable 300hp.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
would make make sure its running ok , get a compresion test done as well and a rolling road done to get current bhp,,

sort of before and after ,
make sure engine is healthy before modding , ,, then i would go for exhaust , air induction , boost guage , and boost controller , and a good f,p,r, and walbro or newer evo fuel pump , should see close to 300 bhp at wheels with boost a 1bar, wouldnt go any higher untill headgasket has been uprated

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Just take the CAT out, support the exhaust and drive up the road. It will be bloody loud but will tell you straight away if its the CAT. I had the same problem on a Rover 220 Turbo as this turned out to be the CAT.

Skeletor

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
has exactly the same problem on one of my old cars 8.check your fuel pressure it sounds like your running lean.
just another thing to check for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx again guys. I have rplaced the coil pack and plugs. Also upgraded the ht leads to 8mm magicours. Still doing the same. Got a decat on the way which am hoping will cure it as had the car up on ramps and gave the cat o knock with a hammer which seemed to free it up a bit. Anyone goint to the evo meet at pod on the 16th march. Mark at coast2coast told me about it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts