Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys and girls, my TME developed a misfire this morning. Runs totally fine up to 1.0 - 1.2 bar, anything above that then misfires. AFRs are good at around 11 whilst misfiring, it still boosts but it's obviously poorly. Where should I start looking? My first thoughts are ignition then intercooler pipework, neither of which has been disturbed lately.
Spec is 2.2, 264s, 80series, greddy I/C, GBE COP, standard ECU and MAF. Mapped by CPP to 1.8bar.
Many thanks,
Paul.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
I'd start with putting a new set of plugs in gapped to 0.55, cheap enough to replace as a trial. I'd also check the fuel pressure reg vacuum pipework, make sure its all connected and air tight. If you can borrow a set of coil packs, try them too

Stu

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm gonna try plugs, trying to get a set on a Sunday might be a PITA though, what kind of places stock iridium's?! :cry:
Thanks though guys, will reply when I've found the problem :smthumbup
Paul

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Yeah I'm gonna try plugs, trying to get a set on a Sunday might be a PITA though, what kind of places stock iridium's?! :cry:
Thanks though guys, will reply when I've found the problem :smthumbup
Paul
I was lucky, my local car parts place stocked both the NGK BR8EIX iridiums, or the cheap and cheerful NGK BPR8ES

Stu

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah but Gaz and Olly @ CPP told me off for using the cheap ones last time :cry:
I've gotta pop to Halfwords later anyway, I'll try whatever they've got and go from there.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Yeah but Gaz and Olly @ CPP told me off for using the cheap ones last time :cry:
I've gotta pop to Halfwords later anyway, I'll try whatever they've got and go from there.
ages ago for me, but halfords didnt stock them when I looked

haha, didnt know they weren't a fan of them :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Just use normal NGK plugs BPR7ES or BPR8ES I think and it will be fine, all these expensive plugs are just for mega tuned cars and even then I know a lot just run normal plugs and change them a bit more regular.

Ian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts