Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, my bathroom's a bare shell at the mo, thinking about doing everything possible, what's good?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't. We have one and it's just a rubbish gimmick.

If you're anything like me, you'll use it for about 3 days to watch reruns of top gear and then never turn it on again.

Even my kid doesn't use it.

The screen picture will look crap as well, because it will have water droplets on it (which of course refracts the light, and limescale shows up immediately).

The first TV we had also leaked, and that made the glass panel delaminate and fall off, and then we had to spend ages waiting for a replacement, and because the old TV wasn't in production anymore, the TV was a slightly different size, meaning problems installing it without gaps showing.

I wish I had a little shelf where the TV is instead tbh, but too late to change it now.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't. We have one and it's just a rubbish gimmick.

If you're anything like me, you'll use it for about 3 days to watch reruns of top gear and then never turn it on again.

Even my kid doesn't use it.

The screen picture will look crap as well, because it will have water droplets on it (which of course refracts the light, and limescale shows up immediately).

The first TV we had also leaked, and that made the glass panel delaminate and fall off, and then we had to spend ages waiting for a replacement, and because the old TV wasn't in production anymore, the TV was a slightly different size, meaning problems installing it without gaps showing.

I wish I had a little shelf where the TV is instead tbh, but too late to change it now.
Ouch, the voice of experience........thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Get a heated mirror, like you get in hotels that doesn't steam up, that would be more top of my list over a telly...and then a heated towel rail!

·
NR555
7,428 Posts
Our tub....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Would like a nice big bath too.
Fitted one that was around 6ft diameter in a customers 'roman' themed room. Took about an hour to fill as it was tank fed not an unvented cylinder lol.

·
NR555
7,428 Posts
First job on ours to was to take off the old door to put a wider one on so the bath would fit through :lol:

It takes over half an hour to fill :wallbang:

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
First job on ours to was to take off the old door to put a wider one on so the bath would fit through :lol:

It takes over half an hour to fill :wallbang:
That bath looks like it would hold a cubic meter of water. That's a 1000kg plus you and the missus! Is it ground floor? It might soon be. lol

·
NR555
7,428 Posts
One of the reasons we placed it nearer to the wall. The joists are perpendicular to the tub, the bath floor to over flow is about 500mm & the over flow is about 100mm down from the low point. Up to now (3 years) the kitchen ceiling below hasn't cracked.

I did have visions of a Corrie / Battersby type scenario but with out the dog :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts