Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just bleeding my brakes this morning and I thought I would have a quick check underneath the car to make sure everything looked OK and I noticed something which I thought was unusal.
It looked like I had an extra front crossmember assembly and with closer inspection I found a 'Mines's Motor Sport Division' badge in the middle of it!

I assume it is not standard kit (its not in the Manuals) but my car is a grey import (MY2000 E6 GSR) that was imported brand new from Ralliart Japan. The car also has a factory front strut brace so is the Mine's crossmember part of a factory suspension kit?
I would have thought if it was a factory kit they would have fitted the RS Front or Rear cross bars instead of going aftermarket?

Anybody know exactly what it is and was it part of a dealer option along with the front strut brace?

Have a look below to see what I mean. The red line traces the crossmember assembly, the OE crossmember can be seen underneath the Mines one.

Below is a clearer view

Any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That`s not standard, in fact I thought about buying the never version yesterday here in Japan, but decided against it as I wasn`t sure if my exhaust would fit. It`s not a Japanese factory part either, cause Mine`s are a seperate company from Mitsubishi/Ralliart and as you know, Mitsubishi only fit Ralliart parts. Seeing that makes the statement that the car has been imported as a brand new car from Japan seem doubtful. There are lots of companies that sell used Japanese cars as brand new, basically a rip-off, but importers save a lot of money if the car had been registered in Japan for at least six months. Where did you buy it from? Ask them, but if they try to tell you that it`s a standard part tell them you know it`s ******** because it is. If you want to I can go and check with my local Mitsubishi dealer here I Tokyo to make absolutely sure that they`ve never used this part. I was gonna go to the dealer anyway, so I`ll ask them either tomorrow or the day after.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Micheal,
I'm not too worried about it not being new as I got it second hand privately over here for a good price anyway http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
How much does the part sell for over there?
The Mines cross member is down below the OE cross member so your exhaust should be OK providing it doesn't drop down below the OE crossmember too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sells for 15,000 Yen (about 75 pounds), but the one I saw has different mounts on the front end. I know that with yours my exhaust will fit for sure but don`t know about the one that I saw, because I don`t think it drops down as far as yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts