Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning folks,

Still looking out for an Evo, just curious though, im told that in standard form the Evo 6 engine is pretty much bulett proof.

If the engine was left standard, but say fitted with a nice induction kit and aftermarket exhaust serviced regulary etc, not used every day and not really thrashed, relistically how many miles should I be looking at 100k ? 150k ? - i have seen lots of cars around 30k, some on 60k

Also if the worst should happen and the engine goes pop where and how much am I looking at to get it rebuilt ?

Also the same with the transmission and 4x4, does this have a short life, again if the diffs or boxes go how much am i looking at ?

Thanks

Matt

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,797 Posts
I think the highest so far is AndyF_RSXs which had about 120k on it IIRC. Just sold mine with 70k on it. They are pretty reliable engines. No idea about the diff stuff but I doubt highly the car will be falling apart at 100k, not if serviced well. YOu could probably get a new engine for 4-5k. Maybe cheaper if you buy one from a crashed car.

·
Registered
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X RS
1,787 Posts
Hope they do last OK - just had mine serviced yesterday after clocking 4,500 miles within 6 weeks :eek:

Obviously you have to pay for it, but Mitsubishi will extended the warranty until 5 years or 100,000 miles so they must have some confidence in them lasting.

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
Aidy said:
I think the highest so far is AndyF_RSXs which had about 120k on it IIRC. Just sold mine with 70k on it. They are pretty reliable engines. No idea about the diff stuff but I doubt highly the car will be falling apart at 100k, not if serviced well. YOu could probably get a new engine for 4-5k. Maybe cheaper if you buy one from a crashed car.
Not quite Aidy. Mine had 86,000 on it when I sold it last September and for around 50,000+ was running in the region of 350ish bhp.

Only problems I had were 2 sets of front diff bolts

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts