Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit of into really
When you get ECUTEK & get the anti lag installed, How does the pops & bangs & flames work?

Does the flame vary in size or are they all the same :handsup: :naughty:

Sorry ask a dumb question but I not sure how it works? (I know its mapped into the fuel/ignition side of things blah blah )

Thanks

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Grayw is your man.

I'd suggest you go ECUFlash though - more features and you can run more than one map (plus it's cheaper!)

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
They are provoked by adding air and unburnt fuel down the exhaust system, -ve timing is then added to help the process along:)
The noise and flames will very, just like when you strike a match.
The biggest advantage of having them switchable is you can run a normal ignition map without -ve in it, this makes driving at light throttle much improved.

·
Registered
948 Posts
What are the negitive effects of pops and bangs on an ecuflashed evo 6 ECU?

Does anyone have a video of any on a mapped E6 ECU?

·
Registered
177 Posts
so is mild antilag only mapped in? are ther any physical changes needed?

isnt the real deal an injector on the exhaust manifold??

·
Registered
162 Posts
ain't the pops and flames just a side effect due to the unburnt fuel? anti lags for performance reasons the rest is just a bonus

well cool going through a tunnel tho lol

·
Premium Member
19,830 Posts
What are the negitive effects of pops and bangs on an ecuflashed evo 6 ECU?

Does anyone have a video of any on a mapped E6 ECU?
Negative effects are that it will shorten the life of your turbo due to the high exhaust gas temperatures that it generates. How much shorter will depend a lot upon how often you use it and how aggressive it is mapped

so is mild antilag only mapped in? are ther any physical changes needed?

isnt the real deal an injector on the exhaust manifold??
Mild anti-lag can be mapped in by using the secondary air system to provide air into the manifold and combined with retarded ignition it gives a very mild effect.

To get the full on effect you need a throttle jack to keep the throttle open when you lift off and then add in extra fuel and the retarded ignition to keep the turbo spinning but you will seriously shorten your turbo life in doing this unless it is built to handle the abuse.

Andy

·
Registered
177 Posts
oh i see, so this sas can be activated on a 7 ecu then? what are the choices for switchable maps, to turn the als off? thanks for the help again!!

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
It's operating parameters can be changed to make it inject air down the exhaust, helps with pops and bangs.
You can have switchable maps on the VII, one will -ve in to assist with this, the other without to make slow speed/light throttle driving better.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts