Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice 1 boys and girls , good 2 c a great turnout , didn't count but it must have been around 15-20 cars.
Evo's 4-7 , Paj Evo , 2 Cossies , Pulsar etc.
Slight downer was being asked 2 leave Bassets Pole because of some silly rule , wot was that about !
So Daz sorted an alternative venue by mobile and we cruised (well some of us did) up the A38 2 another Pub (which I forget)
Loads of banter , laughs and stories etc , and very strong intention 2 make it a regular thing.
I asked every1 (I think) who was there 2 make a few comments on some questionares I knocked up , so will use them 2 do a piece 4 Wastegate Chatter. Havn't read them yet so that will b interesting.

Favourite contender 4 the next venue is Donington Park.

BTW , Daz looked Soooooooooooooo happy 2 have his licence back , enjoy M8 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, we all thought it was a great turnout and excellent fun when leaving Bassets Pole for the Fradley Arms. Seeing that convoy of cars was superb, especially the faces of passers by. Don't think they could believe their own eyes at what they saw. Did anyone see all the rubber necking going on in the restaurant as we were leaving? I could have kicked myself for forgetting the camera ! It really was a shame that we had to leave due to Health and amp; Safety regs regarding children in the bar. Ludicrous really but typical of so called family pubs/restuarants in England. Why we can't be like most of Europe where they cater for families I'll never know. Anyway, the Fradley Arms was a good 2nd choice.

It certainly was good to put faces to names/nicknames and we thought a right friendly bunch too. I for one shall look forward to the next meeting which is proposed to be at Donnington. I've already suggested that if my numbers come up, I'll donate the 35 grand to hire the circuit and make it an open/free session :D Otherwise, I thought it would be a good idea to see the museum of cars and take over the cafe on the day. Maybe bring some entertainment as well in the form of a laptop and car video clips collected of illegal car street racing. The ones done in Stockholm are just amazing.

Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey evoboy you forgot to mention in your list of cars that there was a wicked pug 306 2 litre turbo :) hahahahahahahahaha, someone felt out of place on the way to the second destination :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doof,
scuse me M8 , u were the etc , how rude is that :)

Street,
The museum is at Donington race circuit , some top metal in there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to meet you yesterday guys and to see a nice range of cars, especially all hurtling up the A38! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please don't let me pick anymore venues :) however, it was worth it to see the sight of 12 (I think) Evo's 4 - 7 streeming along the A38. That Fiesta certainly got a shock :) Doof, it was good to see you there - you'll get one in the end. Following Sunday, I am booking in for my first mod :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone,
Just got to say that it was a very good meet and hopefully, Su got a picture of the convoy down the A38 which we can post up when we get it developed. Also, it was good to see the little Saxo trying to keep up down the sliproad... At least they got past on the A38 and as Davy T said 'You can just imagine, in the pub tonight, the Saxo driver will be like 'I overtook 15 normal Evo's and a bloody big white one :) today in my Saxo :D:D:D'

Good convoy down the M6 with Djack (shame about the traffic and speed cameras though).

Also good to see that it wasn't interupted by many southerners, especially that LeeLegend bloke!!! http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
What happened Lee, did you set off and then get lost as usual or couldn't you remember where the petrol cap was to fill it up??

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Top day - great fun, especially that convoy up the 38. I think that guy in the blue Fiesta with the huge 'home made' arches got a bit of a shock just coming onto the road only to see about 15 Evos whooshing past.

Donington sounds good to us too, at least there is something to do, somewhere to eat, drink and chat etc.

Daz

I think your brother in law should bring an interpreter with him next time, unless you get him drunk first. Sober - and he's full blown brummy. Drunk - and he slows down (or slurs down) and you can understand him easily!!! Only joking.

Nice to meet everybody, the Midlands bunch are a really friendly lot, will be good to do it all again.

Teri :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, had a good day, was my first meet.. Didnt chat to all of you but I was there.. Thanks for the little convoy Andy, was fun blasting past that Audi TT, u remember? :) And I didnt get lost on he way back, wich is unusual! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what a suprise that lee let you down...

I bet that saxo could have taken you all if he really wanted too?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A great, great day !

Sorry about the problems with the 1st pub, but the Fradly Arms wasen't too bad.

Best bit was looking behind and seeing £400,000 of metal with 5,000Bhp cruising up the A38.

Great bunch of people, very friendly - wish I had got round to talking with more of you.

Can't wait for the next one, lets keep it up !!!!!!

Thanks to evoboy for the forms - good idea m8.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have 10 pictuires here, all in all around 600k of data, who can put them up in a thread for me? Let me know, I will send em you (who ever can do it) so every one can see some pictures of the meet..

Regards, Chris..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i went to the ralliart dealer to put some petrol in for me :) and they were closed, i will be at the next one i promise.....

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris. If you'd like to mail me the photos (zip them up), I'll put them up on some spare web space and post a link within this thread. It'll make up for the fact that I promised to bring a camera and then promptly forgot to do so.

Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Streetfighter,
Lee doesn't even know how to open his door without consulting his local Ralliart dealer.....

Oh no, not another me vs Lee thread. I don't think we should hijack this one because it was a very good meet and people will get bored if they just start reading about us 2 slagging each other off again.

Lee, did you get my E-mail slagging you off. It's much better that way http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Andy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts