Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
New to EVO's, just bought my first a silver 5 - are there any other EVO owners in the Midlands?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Yep there are lots of Evo owners in the midlands area, but few of them like going to meets.

Best bet is to tag onto a scooby meet, but don't get converted to the dark side :)

Midlands is a big place, which bit of it are you in?

Cheers

Charles
(E6 RS in Warwickshire area)

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I am just North of Birmingham in Lichfield - can you give me some insight into what meets are all about, as you can tell I am new to this.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Mark1,

I aint to far away from you mate, I'm in Burton-upon-Trent.

Are you anywhere near the Friary Grange School / Leisure centre ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Mark1, silver E4 GSR in Derby, regular MLR chap, been to several track days n shows etc. but like MrSprint said it seems to be hard to arrange any meets around the Mids.

Still, would be good to actually arrange an EVO Mids meet that happened!! Maybe this thread will enspire the Mids group??

Dazmakinen, parked next to you at that Jap static show earlier in this sunny year, didn't realise you lived so close, hope all is well with you and your missis.

No worries,

JeffIV

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
OK - So who can think of a decent place to meet? Only place near me that I can think of is the Bassets(?)pole pub on the A38 about 5 miles from Jct 9 M42. I know that it is used for bike meets on Tuesday evenings (at least in the Summer). It has a large car park that can hold colse to 60 cars. If anyone else can think of somewhere better, please let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Bassetts Pole sounds good to me, nice and easy for everyone to get to I would have thought. You can count me in.
Are we looking at a weekend Midday meet ?

Gaz

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Weekend Midday sounds good to me, can have a bite to eat as well - it will also give me the opportunity to expose my ignorance of all things EVO - have to start somewhere I suppose. Anyone got Kids as I have?

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
All,

Finally, a midlands meet !

Bassets pole sounds good at a weekend (someone decide which one !)

JeffIV - I remember you mate, good to hear from you again. Missus is fine, how's your's ?

Midlands Posse is :

mark1
dazmakinen
screemin
evo4
jeffIV
mr srpint

Someone come up with a date then.

Should be fun doing top speed runds down the A38 towards minworth island.

p.s I have a daughter, so kids are welcome !

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
That's Ok with me. About 1pm ?

Off to meet the Scoobynet boys over at Rugby this Sunday at 2pm if anybody wants to tag along. The info and map etc is here :

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid|EQU|47685 and amp;Page|EQU|1

Let me know, if its not too short notice.

Gaz

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Can't do that date, off to the rally in wales.
What about saturday 1st december ?
I will have my licence back that day after a 6 month driving ban for speeding !

Or would a sunday be better ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Then do a meet following on from that on the 1st Saturday / Sunday of the month ?

I would rather wait until I can drive, otherwise the missus has to get me there :(

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Good god, can't keep up with all this mail, just like the busses, been waitin for ages for one and then all of a sudden a shed load turn up (but with busses!!)

Venue sounds good, maybe a sunday would |EQU| less traffic?? are we planning just EVO's or should we invite other mates with trick motors??

I'll pass on this thread to Jason and amp; Ian, 2 very nice Brummie chaps with trick EVO's and lots of contacts.

Dazmakinen, missis is fine, still Swedish!! Although she seems to be less keen than me on some mods I was planning, what is it with some women, they just don't understands when it comes to mods?? rant over, she's a good gal really. Total bummer about your ban, guess your next insurance quote will come attached with oxygen!!

Looks like things are really moving now, should be a good gathering already, plenty of time to invite others....

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
I'm Ok with Saturday or Sunday - I guess Sunday sounds better due to less traffic on the roads? It would be good to make it a regular event especially as there is an ace paintball site in the woods next to the pub, we can compare cars and then shoot each other !

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Sunday would be better day. Less hassle off the missus that way.

So would Sunday 2nd December @2.00pm be OK ?

Jeff,

Is it true what they say about Swedish women ?

Your right, all women are the same when it comes to mods aren't they !

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Sunday 2nd OK with me. As I am new to this how do we keep track of attendees? Personally I am happy to invite others.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts