Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - here the plan

Not exactly sure yet where to start from, but how about an East Coast drive in May along Lincolnshire windy country roads finishing on the 'other side' of the Humber Bridge (I think there is a cafe thingy there with a fairly big car park). Could maybe start from Donington or Leics? and take the smaller roads towards Lincs?

What do you think guys?

If interested, will pinch the idea from the Lakes drive and even go to the trouble to do 'pace notes' etc, but will also try to find a route with LOTS of corners for you!

Let me know

Teri (midlands-meets)

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Talk about advance planning!!!!!!

I can't make the 11th/12th of May because I've got a stag do to go to but apart from that (at the moment) we're free every weekend so would probably be up for it but I'll let you know closer to the time :)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Andy

I know its a bit far in advance but I want to try to put something together for the mag too.

Haven't thought of dates yet, but will do my best to avoid those.

How about the bank holiday weekend (I think thats the 4th,5th,6th May)?

Will try to find out too if they still run the Powerboats at the Humber Bridge too, Ive got a feeling they dont.

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
BigEvo,

Sounds good to me M8,as i live in the Derby/Notts area,Just name time and place and hopefully i can make it.

laters

Blood.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Will have a ride out next weekend to sort a route out.

So far for the journey!

Big Evo
Ian C
AndyF_RSX
Rob
Bloodsport
Street Fighter

:)

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
guys, how many miles (roughly) can you get from your little fuel tanks? just so I can suss out if there are any SUL stops for you

Ta

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Teri,
Can we not just fill up the Paj with extra fuel cans. We can then see if we can perfom car to car refuelling en route :D (I'm sure Jerry could give us some advice on this:))

Seriously though, when giving it some you're going to be looking at a fuel stop every 100-150 miles.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I think this drive could start from Rutland Water, big enough to find and plenty of parking. Will go wandering at the weekend and try to suss a good route out!

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Teri,
Is it big enough that even LeeDeadEnd can find it (name pinched from a conversation on msn yesterday:))

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Andy

Ha ha, can just see the picture on the web now - the back end of Lees car face down in the water! :)

Teri

1 - 17 of 17 Posts