Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday the 5th June will see the next sprint outing for Mattty and myself with the very nicely prep'd EVO 6 RS2 :)

The venue is Curborough Sprint , near Lichfield.

So for anyone who is wondering what sprinting is all about why not come along and check it out.

Best of all the entry is FREE at Curborough, practice runs from 9am, timed runs from about 11 and it all finishes about 5. All the pits are fully open and you can wander around checking out all the cars close up :cool:

This will be my only outing at Curborough this year so I'll be pushing to beat my own lap record. Mattty and I are competing in Class 1C, so come over and say hello :wave:

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
In fact I will be thre on the 4th - just entered a "test day" in the bike engined car

Matty and Bream - if you want some pre match practice it's only £25 for the day

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers TCB, you might even grab a late entry for the 5th if you're interested, think there were a couple of spare places last I heard :)

Entry list for class 1c looks short but sweet, Mattty and I in one Evo, our very own Dave Wilkins in his R32 GTR, brother grim in an R33 and Evo 6, and a very lonely TR4 :eek: :D

Should be a great day :coolsm:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just filled out an entry for the 10th July event - will be the IX's debut for me ! and first time sprinting in anything 4wd !

The bike engined 7 I'm using on the Saturday practice is my old car - now sold to a friend so unfortunately I can really enter anything competitive in it (he don't trust me that much !)

Will come and say hello on Sunday - Good luck !

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Bream,

Could you help me out with what class I should be running in ?

The regs are a bit unclear :confused:

Car is an evo IX GT running the standard road tyres, APS exhaust, induction, standard turbo, moded ecu, APS intercooler, water injection, cusco suspension. (or at least it will be by july 10th anyway !)

TIA

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TCB said:
Bream,

Could you help me out with what class I should be running in ?

The regs are a bit unclear :confused:

Car is an evo IX GT running the standard road tyres, APS exhaust, induction, standard turbo, moded ecu, APS intercooler, water injection, cusco suspension. (or at least it will be by july 10th anyway !)

TIA
No worries, with those mods it puts you in class 1c (or class 3 for hillclimbs) modified production but you'll need to make sure you tyres are class 1a listed in the blue book, no road legal semi slicks allowed like d10js and A046 etc.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Thanks for that

What tyres do you run then - I was going to use the A046's but maybe not now !

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TCB said:
Thanks for that

What tyres do you run then - I was going to use the A046's but maybe not now !
Mattty runs Toyo T1s, well I think its the s and not the r's, have a look on Sunday as they seemed to work really well up Harewood :coolsm:

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Good Luck for Sunday Jeff and Mattty :wave:

I bet you can't wait Jeff, for the new improved version of Mattty's car. It sounded absolutely awesome on Sunday :coolsm:

Talking of Sunday where were you :confused:

Bex :angel:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bex said:
Good Luck for Sunday Jeff and Mattty :wave:

I bet you can't wait Jeff, for the new improved version of Mattty's car. It sounded absolutely awesome on Sunday :coolsm:

Talking of Sunday where were you :confused:

Bex :angel:
Cheers Bex, sudden change of plans last sunday meant I had to drive down to Heathrow earlier than envisaged so I had to miss out on the meet :(

Looks like it was a real good turnout as well :cry:

Ahh well, always next time ;)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Yeah sorry to hear of your gearbox troubles guys, i was just getting ready to come on over and give you some support as well :(

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Sounds like a familiar story. Hope it's sorted quick.

Did you manage to post any times?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes they both got one run.

JEFF STOKES 34.53
MATT TAYLOR 35.76
DAVID WILKINS 36.12

Just for comparison......

JONATHON BECK FORD RS200E :coolsm: 35.28
ANDREW COOKE Renault 5 Gordini turbo on slicks 33.96

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
davewilkins said:
Yes they both got one run.

JEFF STOKES 34.53
MATT TAYLOR 35.76
DAVID WILKINS 36.12

Just for comparison......

JONATHON BECK FORD RS200E :coolsm: 35.28
ANDREW COOKE Renault 5 Gordini turbo on slicks 33.96
Dont tell me they still beat you Dave with only one run :D ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts