Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had two of these fitted to the rear about 3 weeks a go now and I've done around 300 to 400 miles with them on. I pushed the Car a bit hard on Saturday, the first time since having them fitted and they seemed to be very twitchy and I could feel them losing grip around corners, the ground was totally dry by the way?
Does anyone else on here with these tyres know if the running in period is longer than what I've already done in them or are they just not as good as Yoko's when it comes to grip?? :confused:

Cheers

Kyle

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's excellent, cheers Mark, just need to run them in a bit more then by the sounds of it??
By the way, what sort of pressure should I be running these beasts on, I've currentlly got 32psi on the front (Yoko's) and 28psi on rear (Michellin's)?

Cheers again!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
So your running different tyres front and back? You should really be running the same tyre all round. I did this once for about 2 weeks and quickly changed, because of the differing grip levels between them.

IMHO tyre pressure choice is a personal thing. I think you need to try a few variations to get them to your liking. I'm currently running 29psi rear and 30.5 up front and it seems to work well with my setup. Although, a 4psi difference may be a little too much.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I only changed the rears is because I got a puncture and the tread on the fronts are okay for a couple of months or so. Was going to change them for the Michellins when the Yoko's had worn down some more but may do it a bit sooer now?
I'm pretty sure that the 28 on the rear and 32 on the front is what Mits recomend as standard but I'll have a play with them to see if it makes much difference? The guy on your link was running 34 on rear and 36 on front, that seems a little excessive to me???

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My bad. You are correct about the stock tyres pressures.

2.2 * 14.5 = 31.9 PSI
1.9 * 14.5 = 27.55

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Autocar slated the Michelins during there 2004 test for both dry and wet weather grip. The Bridgestones and Goodyears were voted top.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Billy I've found that 34 front and 30 rear is best for grip, steering feel and it also stiffens up the sidewalls nicely to reduce any wandering under braking and heavy cornering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts