Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi M8,
The figures were,320bhp...290ft lb.I spoke to RC as it should have been 350bhp...320ft lb.They believe one of the problems was the Spec R Airbox restricting the airflow on the dyno as the power held at 320bhp and did not tail of.In other words it was holding back.

So what they are doing is picking up my car from home and delivering to me a hire car,they will then take my car to PE and put it on their rolling road to do a few checks,replacing my airbox with a racing suction which is what they normally fit.If the car does not acheive 350bhp they will take it back to Warrington do what ever needs to be done(All at their expense)return the car to me ,the car will then go back to PE for a further rolling road and thay will guarrantee me a 350bhp run and printout.

The car feels very quick and on the road may be achieving 350bhp but they want to be certain like me that it is.

Hows that for service Lee,thats why I use them the guys have integrity:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lee,are you going to Snetterton?Cause Ive booked a place be great to have you there.If the cafes open the do a decent sausage and beans.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I few people were a bit upset that the figures werent higher, I was not pleased with mine but it was over fueling, liked the torque figure though.
One thing which would have affected the reading was the temperature of the air going in. On my run it was 18oC, made me think as on the way home the digital temp reading on a building said 9oC than add the factor of wind chill the temperature in normal operating conditions would be lower thus higher bhp.
Had a great day thanks to trevor for organising and to John for being a great host.
Cheers
Al
PS DOtn worry wazzuptommi with those new cams your be sorted:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
barry

that isnt service mate, that is full on red carpet, they could not do any more.....brilliant

will be interesting to see if it is the spec r box is messing it all up, as that was meant to be a better solution than the racing suction kit (cold air from front of car and all that), you will have to get your powerflow back off of djack :).

it is a shame they cant take it back to the same rolling road (noble?) after testing it, so you could see the results in the same context.

i like the sound of snetterton, i will see if i can get a away pass from the wife....

i still need to get my car checked by mark or dragon, over the fuel pump issue (i still dont know what to do).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Barry,

You goin to Donny on the 25 is it? If so you will have to give me a go in the beast! :)

All the best, hope they sort it for you!!

Chris.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not telling:)
But will say that I was not happy, larger exhuast needed, torque was OK though.
Going to suck my thumb now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Djack, no Im going to Snetterton,sorry,but you are welcome to have a drive next time we meet ,

Best Wishes Barry:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts