Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found this on news of the world website and it really grips my shite. They say the dog is a devil dog but watch the video cause it doesn't look that way to me? I i bet the boys selling it are not even dog fighters themselves? it's just all media hype! " I FERKING HATE IT"
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news4.shtml
:mad: BAN BAD OWNERS WHO MAKE THE BAD DOGS :mad:

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,880 Posts
I read a rather funny letter sent into a newspaper today from someone saying the g'ment should ban the kind of dog that killed that little girl. :mhihi:

As for your point...I don't quite get it. Pit Bulls are classed as dangerous dogs and have been proven to have a temperament that makes them unsuitable as pets. I don't see what you're so upset about. Would you have similar indignation when a paedophile is given a job as a school teacher? The man who owned the dog that killed that little girl was a drug dealing thug...exactly the kind of person that owns or seeks to own these dogs.

They are banned for good reasons and should remain so.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I personally think you have to have something wrong with you to want a banned breed of dog, I quite fancy getting a dog within the next few years so I have been studying breeds looking for something suitable, and although I would never leave it unattended with kids as you can never be 100% I will be minimising the chances of it flipping by picking something that has been bred to actually be a pet rather than a psyco!

·
Registered
909 Posts
3v0 said:
I personally think you have to have something wrong with you to want a "fighting breed" of dog,
I have had Staffordshire Bull Terriers for years which fall into the "fighting breed" of dog, and every one has been an absolutely fantastic pet. The problem is the numbskulls who own these types of dog for an image thing who are proud to walk round with a dog that they have trained to be aggresive. There is no shortage of dipsticks who own bull terriers, rotties, akitas and american bulldogs etc purely because they think they own a "hard" dog

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i fu**ing hate the news of the world,

a quote :We were able to RESCUE one pit bull-type terrier from a sad fate—and hand him to the RSPCA.

and i'll bet they've put him down lol, what heros they are .....******s

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Staffies aren't as (excuse the word) "bad" as pit bulls though, they are a bull terrier still but I haven't heard many stories of them going nuts, although unfortunatly they are quite trendy which can lead to lots of people getting them who don't really understand what it takes to have a dog as a pet and neglect it so it never gets trained, then it's all down hill from there!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aidy fair play i haven't been on here for a while and you haven't changed a bit! your still a ******! so your saying if a phedophile is a male ban all males from being teachers? get a grip and watch this video!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
3v0 said:
I personally think you have to have something wrong with you to want a "fighting breed" of dog, I quite fancy getting a dog within the next few years so I have been studying breeds looking for something suitable, and although I would never leave it unattended with kids as you can never be 100% I will be minimising the chances of it flipping by picking something that has been bred to actually be a pet rather than a psyco!
Hey Mate I have a staffordshire bull terrior and I didnt get it because it looked mean or I wanted to look like a hard man walking round with it.
I have been round all sorts of dogs through my life be it sheep dogs, labs, boxers etc and never have I seen such an affectionate, kind, loyal loving dog as a Staffordshire bull terrier.
My friend had one and I used to call to his house everytime I called the dog was so friendly I always said I would love one of these dogs.

When I suggested it to my girlfriend she was like oh I dont know they are meant to be vicious. But once she met my friends dog she to fell in love with them.

My family also warned me if you get one of these dogs dont bring it near this house I got it anyway and the minute they met her they also fell in love. They have a scotti terrier them selfs and she is more aggressive than my staffi.
My parents have met people when out walking my staffi and they move out of the way when they see my dog and my mother and father have said to them out straight these dogs are not vicious they are great dogs they have just got a bad reputation. They hate people's views on these dogs.

Best dog in the world.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
kristian/titch said:
funnyclub thats a lovely looking staffy you have there! :coolsm:
Cheers Mate shes about 3 at the moment and not real stocky or over weight like alot of staff you see. She's real agile she like a panther the ways she jumps around the furniture in the house.
She's in heat at the moment cant wait till its passed and the nice weather is hear to bring out to the parks and stuff.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still looking for a staff! i was suppose to be having an irish staff which were born on the 13th Dec but they have no papers and i'm not sure i want to risk buying it then getting it taken off me cause they say it's a "pitbull type" dog. I'm now looking for a kc reg'd staff hopefully won't be long til i find the right one!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I couldn't agree more with you Paul, my friend has a Staffi and i swear it would lick you to death when you call round at his house. Loves to get attention and be played with and is happy just to get on the seat beside you and lie it's head on your leg, though this becomes a problem when she continually licks your jeans so that you have to put a pillow there for her to lick :crackup:

She sounds mean as hell when you're playing, and the grip of those jaws on a toy is frightening but she is one of the best natured and most loving dogs i've come into contact with over the years.

·
Profound thinker
6,383 Posts
3v0 said:
I personally think you have to have something wrong with you to want a "fighting breed" of dog..................... I will be minimising the chances of it flipping by picking something that has been bred to actually be a pet rather than a psyco!
It's official. My wife and I must have something wrong with us.

Thanks. We thought we were just two ordinary, level-headed, mananimous and caring types. Obviously not :rolleyes:

Just so you know, we have 2 staffordshire bull terriers (and a Jack Russell, too).

Also, just so you, and all the other gullible people know, ANY dog can be provoked (or trained) to attack another dog, or indeed, a person. True enough, though, that bull terriers were originally bred to fight bulls. And kill them. Single-handedly. But that trait has been mainly bred out of the breed by breeders and owners who want loving family pets. It's also true that a bull terrier or a rottweiler could do *more* damage than the average chihuahua when provoked, but so could a labrador, a weirmeraner a dalmatian or a spaniel.

Another point I'd like to highlight is the term "pit-bull type". What is a pit-bull type? It either is a pit-bull, or it isn't.

What really is the issue is how the animal is raised and trained. Don't judge the breed as a whole.

To illustrate, if it was possible to remove every single bull terrier, rottweiler, akita and canary dog from the UK, the tattood ****witts would simply choose another breed that was best-suited to their 'needs' and the upshot would be another un-necessary witch-hunt of an entire breed of animal.

·
Profound thinker
6,383 Posts
TimFerguson said:
Loves to get attention and be played with and is happy just to get on the seat beside you and lie it's head on your leg, though this becomes a problem when she continually licks your jeans
Aha.

The embarrasing wet-patch-on-the-leg problem :crackup:

Same in our house.....

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Rampant said:

Just so you know, we have 2 staffordshire bull terriers (and a Jack Russell, too).
Hey Mate what sex are the 2 staffs?
I was thinking of either getting another one or breeding my bitch once and keep one of the litter. What would you recommend?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts